Gun Industry Moving Forward

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
Will the gun industry experience something like "Trump Slump" to any extent in the future? Or are we just fixed on an upward trend as political and environmental factors continue to push people to the gun counter?
I was listening to Modcast 10 and there was a discussion spurred by the ongoing lack of availability of ammo at the time (Feb 2016). There was some back and forth about hesitancy for ammo manufacturers to expand production because "when will this demand fall off?" We're almost 5 years past that modcast and...well we all know where availability is on anything gun related. It seems to me that the continued political narrative and the inevitability of more cities burning has demand for guns, ammo, and accessories on a fixed climb. Will this trend ever actually fall? Or will we just hit plateaus before the next climb?

prepare

Good question.
With the new administration gun and ammo companies are probably experiencing some reluctance to expand out uncertainty. If gun/ammo companies can be sued because some deranged person kills 15 innocent people with a Remington they won't be able to afford to stay in business.

SuthDet

There's been some expansion here and there. If it stays steady for another year, I could see more growth. But from what I've seen, expansion is pretty slow. For example, ammo Inc announced an expansion, with hopes of producing ammo next summer.

Things could be flat by then. Federal taking over Remington ammo could help, most of the Remington stuff was a skeleton crew by the end.