Good idea fairy or practical: NVG battle rifle

Team,
This is my first post after some time lurking. If I've mis-read the introduction rules, please remove or switch this thread if it is out of place.
For context: this is just a build I've had in mind intended to spark some honest discussion. I'm looking to learn as much as I can about precision shooting and its changes under NVDs.

References from experience: I've had some goggle time through the Army and at JRTC in Fort Polk, and have taken both 101 and 201 TNVC courses. I have experience with red dots/IR lasers for close range work, but nothing truly past 100M at night.

Situation: I've had the idea in my head for a while but I'm not sure if it actually makes sense to pursue. The idea is a 7.62 Nato rifle with a contradictory purpose: creating a precision long(er) range platform for precision day shooting, that can transition to closer range shooting (similar to a battle rifle) AND have the ability to do both functions in the dark. As much as everyone rolls their eyes, yes, it is an attempt to have an everything ("do-it-all") set up for a defensive rifle.

End State: To have a long-range weapon system that can take full advantage of the 7.62 round day and night. Precision is the primary focus first with integration with NVGs as the secondary function.

I've come to terms that the two biggest deciding factors to achieve this is:
A) The daytime optic and its height for prone and standing are important: (LPVO inside either a 1.54 for better prone shooting in daytime at range, vs LPVO inside a 1.93 for shooting up close in the day, with a cheek riser to help distance)
B) The type of NVG aiming solution is important: Either a piggyback red dot (better passive aiming and use for helmet NVGs and doubles as a close-range point of reference) or go with a dedicated clip on NVD (Which diminishes the head born NVG set up, but is better for range and precision)

Any input is greatly appreciated. Again, this is not for a department or deployment gun, just an idea that I've had that I wanted to contrast with everyone's experience and wargaming. Thanks again for the insight.