Glock to sig p320

tylerw02

Though this story sounds like it could be BS, this just showed up on the feed:

https://whyy.org/articles/septa-pol...istol-accidentally-fires-at-suburban-station/

One of the stories in that article about the Florida SRO doesn't really lend any credence to their claims as he was later fired after video evidence of him fidgeting with the gun was reviewed. Really makes you wonder what other facts they got wrong.

Sounds like it could be BS but another one as recent as sept 19 and they are going back to Glocks. I found that odd. I’ve seen what seems like one of these almost every week or two show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnc36rcpd

I have to agree with JPitts0117. Police agencies rarely make purchasing decisions that rapidly, especially based on one incident presumably still under investigation. Either the 320's had exhibited problems previously and this was the breaking point or there were internal politics involved in the decision-making.

I’m a P320 convert as of March 2019. As far as my background and experience, I’m just a concealed carrier who gets to 2-6 (this year was awesome) classes per year. No “duty” use outside of my own personal protection.

I was previously running a gen4 G19 with an RM06. I started to get tired of not getting slidelock, and as I started really honing my B8 game, I felt like I was reaching the accuracy limits of my personal G19. Even an aftermarket barrel didn’t help. I would put down mid 90’s in slow fire no problem, and even got lucky on a hundo. I did notice some fliers that didn’t match where I was seeing my dot once the seat broke though. I’m the first to blame myself for these things, but I felt like I could do better.

I jumped on a P320 VTAC that I had been eyeballing after noticing how good it felt and how tight the lockup seemed. I put a bout 1000 rounds through it before deciding I hated the VTAC sights and wanted to put an RM06 on it (that was kind of the plan anyway).

Once I tossed my dot on that thing I was instantly throwing up high 90’s with the occasional 100 on a 25 yard B8. That kind of sealed the deal for me. The gun just seemed to fit me well, and I was doing things that I never could do with my G19, like sub 10 second 90+ B8’s, a 300 on the Advanced Super Test, a clean 12 yard Dot Torture, and so on. Speed wasn’t an issue either. I can squeeze out acceptably accurate shots at sub .2 splits fairly easily, despite the notorious high bore axis of the P320. I’ve also jumped into USPSA this year and again have found the P320 to be very competitive, even when I was starting out in Open Minor.

As far as reliability goes, it has been great. Around the 7,000ish mark I did experience some stove pipes however. I swapped out the extractor assembly and the recoil spring assembly and haven’t had a problem for the last 1,000 rounds. That seemed premature to me, based on Sig’s recommended replacement schedule, but sometimes that’s how things go.

My glocks aren’t going anywhere though. Everyone should have a couple in their safe for the simple aspect of just how plentiful and serviceable they are by the end user. The Glock is far less complicated mechanically if you’re worried about being able to maintain and replace every single part on that gun (not that you can’t learn that on the p320. An armorers course of some sort is on my bucket list). I also like the ability to use the Striker Control Device from Tau Development. I primarily carry AIWB, and I like that extra layer of safety for reholstering. I definitely miss that.

Since then I’ve added a second VTAC that will get a dot and be my primary carry gun, while the OG transitions to a training/competition gun. I also picked up a compact and have been having a great experience with that gun too. Your mileage may vary, but my move to the 320 has been very positive.

I’m a P320 convert as of March 2019. As far as my background and experience, I’m just a concealed carrier who gets to 2-6 (this year was awesome) classes per year. No “duty” use outside of my own personal protection.

I was previously running a gen4 G19 with an RM06. I started to get tired of not getting slidelock, and as I started really honing my B8 game, I felt like I was reaching the accuracy limits of my personal G19. Even an aftermarket barrel didn’t help. I would put down mid 90’s in slow fire no problem, and even got lucky on a hundo. I did notice some fliers that didn’t match where I was seeing my dot once the seat broke though. I’m the first to blame myself for these things, but I felt like I could do better.

I jumped on a P320 VTAC that I had been eyeballing after noticing how good it felt and how tight the lockup seemed. I put a bout 1000 rounds through it before deciding I hated the VTAC sights and wanted to put an RM06 on it (that was kind of the plan anyway).

Once I tossed my dot on that thing I was instantly throwing up high 90’s with the occasional 100 on a 25 yard B8. That kind of sealed the deal for me. The gun just seemed to fit me well, and I was doing things that I never could do with my G19, like sub 10 second 90+ B8’s, a 300 on the Advanced Super Test, a clean 12 yard Dot Torture, and so on. Speed wasn’t an issue either. I can squeeze out acceptably accurate shots at sub .2 splits fairly easily, despite the notorious high bore axis of the P320. I’ve also jumped into USPSA this year and again have found the P320 to be very competitive, even when I was starting out in Open Minor.

As far as reliability goes, it has been great. Around the 7,000ish mark I did experience some stove pipes however. I swapped out the extractor assembly and the recoil spring assembly and haven’t had a problem for the last 1,000 rounds. That seemed premature to me, based on Sig’s recommended replacement schedule, but sometimes that’s how things go.

My glocks aren’t going anywhere though. Everyone should have a couple in their safe for the simple aspect of just how plentiful and serviceable they are by the end user. The Glock is far less complicated mechanically if you’re worried about being able to maintain and replace every single part on that gun (not that you can’t learn that on the p320. An armorers course of some sort is on my bucket list). I also like the ability to use the Striker Control Device from Tau Development. I primarily carry AIWB, and I like that extra layer of safety for reholstering. I definitely miss that.

Since then I’ve added a second VTAC that will get a dot and be my primary carry gun, while the OG transitions to a training/competition gun. I also picked up a compact and have been having a great experience with that gun too. Your mileage may vary, but my move to the 320 has been very positive.

It’s possible that the stove pipes I experienced were a bad batch of ammo as well. I did experience two weak loads that sounded and felt like squibs from that case.