Glock to sig p320

JPitts0117

Has anyone who used to shoot glocks moved completely over to the p320 platform. I’m seriously debating on it but I’ve already got a lot invested in my glocks.

tylerw02

I tried. My Sigs were less reliable. I got bulged brass that made reloading more difficult. 2 of the 3 I had shot super low. Maybe it was me being a Glock shooter, but I don’t shoot CZ low. I don’t shoot HK low.

I’m down to a competition model from Sig, P320 Legion.

Overall, I don’t trust my life with the platform. I also have concerns with the striker system riding inside my pants being there are reports, post-recall, or the tensioned striker dropping and setting off rounds without trigger pull. I’d rather go Glock or something hammer-fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriscanbreach

Established
Can you share the links to the info on them firing without the trigger being pulled. I have a meeting Wednesday where we’re going to authorize them for private purchase duty use.

JPitts0117

I’ve never heard of the instances either. I’ve never checked my brass for bulges because I haven’t started loading 9mm yet. I’ve only ever had one shoot low and it was a pre recall model.

tylerw02

Can you share the links to the info on them firing without the trigger being pulled. I have a meeting Wednesday where we’re going to authorize them for private purchase duty use.

I don’t have them handy but there were some links on Instagram and I think M4carbine.

Chriscanbreach

Established
Copy. I’ll do some more googling. So far what I’ve found is NDs they’re trying to blame on the holster or the gun.
of anyone has first hand info please let me know.

tylerw02

Copy. I’ll do some more googling. So far what I’ve found is NDs they’re trying to blame on the holster or the gun.
of anyone has first hand info please let me know.

And those could have very well been that but they were reported as otherwise.

I hope that’s the case because I do like the P320, but there have been too many questions for me to trust my life to them when others have a solid reputation.

JPitts0117

I’ve found one so far on the Blast but it was a pre update model which alluded to 2 separate officers getting shot by their service weapons in sig supplied holsters.

Chriscanbreach

Established
No worries. I’m not a fan boy. I just want facts when I recommend things. Like the problem in my eyes with the PPQ going dead trigger.
Sorry for jumping on your post @JPitts0117 but you asked a good question.

JPitts0117

No you’re fine Chris. I’ve got 2 sigs I plan to use as duty weapons as well so any info is greatly appreciated especially if it’s about something that could be potentially hazardous to me as the user

WAVandal

JPitts, I'm on my way to moving to the P320 series for at the least personal use. I am stuck with Glock auto work. My RM says he's good with us running P320s, post-upgrade, on duty if we want to. The drop-fire issues seem to be resolved by Sig as part of the upgrade and are a non-issue so far on the current generation guns. One of our local PD's, (Bellevue WA) has transitioned to full size P320s with Romeo1s for their entire force.

I've had two Gen 1 P320s, a full size and a compact and they ran fine, but I didn't have big round counts. After a while, I'm back with a P320 X-Compact and will be picking up a X-Full in the near future. The X-Compact just got a Bobro RMR mount and wears my spare RMR Type 1 and Battlewerx seal plate.

JPitts0117

I’m not sure, I kinda hope so. So far I’m no fan of the sig optics or the dpp. Have yet to try a Romeo pro optic so I’ll wait for chriscanbreach review on it. I’m hoping springer will put something out soon. I much prefer the rmr or even the 507c

oda175

I dipped into the 320 game with a Compact Rx model. ( First RDS gun to try out.) Carried for almost a year and had zero issues. Accuracy was 9 ring at 25 with decent range and carry ammo. I have no problems with it and would suggest it to anyone as a viable option.

That said- I have carried Glocks in multiple forms for work, carry , and competition since 2005. Leaving the 320 and sticking with Glock was a fiscal choice for me. Hard to switch with at least 100k thru Glock, and 5 gallon buckets of magazines for 17/19 models. Not to mention all the holsters and ancillary gear.

If you shoot it better, carry it at work, and like it choose the Sig. If you want the easy boring answer, thats probably more economical- stick with the Glock. Aftermarket is much better too.

WindyCity

Amateur
I’ve been running a P320 since Summer ‘17. Had to learn about the drop safety issues the week I was receiving my new P320. Luckily the guns we got were already ‘upgraded’ but once the voluntary upgrade was announced for some reason Sig decided to take back all of our P320s and issue us new ones free of charge. Something about an added internal safety I believe. The whole thing was very fishy and made me weary of Sig in general. That being said my P320 has been nothing but accurate and reliable. Then there was the P365 issues which completely turned me off from getting anything remotely new from Sig. I refuse to be a beta tester and will wait some years for there to be a track record of reliability before I invest in something that has had so many issues. Good designs, great ergos, fun to shoot, but too many QC issues and incremental silent design changes. And I just picked up my first Glock (Gen 5 19 FS) which I’m really happy with.