Glock mag extensions?

mak20

I was combing through posts on the Facebook group because I was interested in Glock mag extensions and saw a wide variety of opinions on different brands including recommendations to not use any including the +2 OEMs. Any reason for the variance in opinions and are there any that you recommend?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
I have used Taran and others that don't come to mind. Dawson's have been the most solid without issues. They haven't come apart when dropped on concrete or rocks, they also don't have components that walk out.

MOT

I have some of the Glock brand plus twos. They’ve been as reliable and the standard mags. Same with the Pearce plus twos, they’re very similar. I’ve had issues with the tarans, no go for me. I use plus twos with g19 mags and g17 springs. Been my competition mags for a while now, no issues.

Pearce

Amateur
My agency (Fed LEO) issues Glock magazine with the factory Glock +2s attached and I have yet to see or hear of an issue with them. Personally I've had great success with the Arredondo base plate & spring kits and feel confident carrying them on/off duty.

Andy Mahina

I have been using the Glock OEM +2 for the last year. I use them at work and at local matches. I have not had any issues with them thus far. I do not have any other extensions to compare them to though as my PD policy does not permit the use of anything OEM so I am a very deliberate sample size.