Glock FDE frame question?

Eagle1

Any of you by chance had to undercut or relieve the trigger guard/grip area where your Glock grip and trigger guard meet? I have used sand paper and a dremel wheel to make a small relief cut on the right hand side of my black framed g19's and then just sand them to where they look like it was done from the factory.

I am asking if anyone has done this on the fde frames yet and am wondering if it could look the same or if it would look like s*** because it is a lighter color? Anybody have any pics or ideas as I need to do this so my middle finger has some space on my G19 gen4 fde gun. Any help would greatly be appreciated, Thanks..

ptrlcop

Established
It's a Glock, not a BBQ gun. My sniper partner ground the finger grooves and relieved the trigger guard on his FDE gun. Looks fine to me.

Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
e452592653957a13fd6176fe7f53acd5.jpg

4de3958c1e8ba733b5a3223c038b5dbc.jpg

Ben from Boresight doing amazing shit to the FDE......

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
Thanks for contributing nothing but your smart ass comment!

Roland, nice looking gun sir...

Relax a little; nobody's being a smartass here but you, and I suspect that's due to a misunderstanding. As stated, that's that member's sig line, and it came after his relevant observation of how his partner's FDE frame looked after work (which was his attempt to help by answering your question). Even if it had been a comment directed toward you (which it wasn't), there's no need to take anything personally; text is too easy to misinterpret, and it wouldn't be the first time a well-meant comment would be read wrong. Let's keep it light and professional here.

- Jake

Presscheck Consulting

Gunslinger
Staff member
WARLORD
Eagle, that's not my blaster. I'm a fan of Ben's work and he will be getting much work from me in the future. I pulled those pics off his FB because I thought the visual images of a modified FDE would be benificial to this discussion.

Eagle1

Pretty sure that's his sig line and not directed at you specifically

It is not his sig line as I have checked his previous posts and this 'line" is not his signature line in any of them. IF it was his sig line then it would appear as MY sig line appears under everyone of my posts! However, I asked a question and I expected some valid input and not a smart *** comment. If he meant something else, it sure does not appear that way to me! As always, I was expecting a professional response to an issue I wanted to know about from some guys in the "know" and got what I got. I am not upset I just call it as I see it! No issue at this point but I did not read it as his signature line.

FWIW, I got the info I needed on another forum and took care of it!

ptrlcop

Established
Fwiw, that is my sig line. I think that it may not be in all of my posts because I made it my sig in tapatalk replacing "sent from iPhone on tapatalk". As my post said, I have seen a modified FDE frame in person and it looks fine.

Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better

K.O.A.M.

Amateur
I'm not smart enough to post the pictures, but I have two FDE 17's that Gentle Ben at Boresight did for me. If you go to the Boresight Solutions Instagram page, search for ElGuapo32795. Those are my guns. Both of them look great.