Glock 44 sight replacement

Runcibleman

TL;DR version:

okay to mash Dawson adjustables onto a Glock 44 slide, you think? https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-adjustable-sight-set/

The loquacious version:

Yes dear P&S compatriots, in this brumal landscape we find ourselves in, better men than I have already bit the proverbial (and hopefully not the literal) bullet and realized that if there is going to be a continued high-ish incidence of live fire, some of that will have to be rimfire through 2021/2022.

I have shot a Glock 44 and liked it very much and found it more than accurate enough. My local range with rentals has had a pair since the summer plans they have held up very well according to their in-house gun plumber, requiring no parts replacement thus far after many tens of thousands of rounds were put though both (unsurprisingly, given that it is rimfire after all).

This has inspired enough confidence in me to nab a G44 that wasn't grossly overpriced, and it'll be coursing its way through the Christmas-time burdened mail system from the dealer in the coming week, probably arriving after the Christ-child hits the hay in the manger.

Though the basic polymer sights aren't as horrific as people say (at least they're adjustable, even if weirdly so), I should like to upgrade to a black rear and a fiber optic front eventually.

Does anyone have any experience in installing steel replacement sights to the G44? Anything odd to look out for given the polymer slide?
Better yet, has anyone installed a set of Dawson adjustable rears and their fiber optic front? https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-adjustable-sight-set/

shoobe01

Established
Zero personal experience, but apparently plastic overslide is not a problem. The factory sights you have will even have the typical steel insert in the bottom of the sight body, and a number of folks have put on normal metal Glock replacement sights (even those officially for other Glock models) without apparent trouble.