Glock 43

AZ_Rifleman

Amateur
Long story short, I've added some things to mine.

TD Slide Racker
Talon rubber grip
Streamlight TRL6

Any suggestions as far as night sights or something else that's reliable as stock parts but better? I'm fine with the factory trigger so I don't need that. I've got two Shield Arms plus two extension magazines on order so I have that covered too. I'm seeing metal guide rod/springs, do I need that as well or no, and for what purpose are they? Bear in mind I'm a function over form guy.

I am not a Glock guy by the way, so please forgive me ahead of time if I may seem ignorant as it's not my intent.

Jsirles

I’m not big on modifying my Glocks. Typically, just replace the terrible Glock factory sights. I put Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on my G43 and G48 and really like them. For the G43, I did opt for the Taran Tactical +1 mag extension. You get an additional round with only about 1/8” more length to the grip. It really makes it just about right for allowing my pinkie to be part of gripping the gun.
As far as metal guide rods go - I think they’re just to help add weight to the front end of the gun to reduce muzzle flip. Maybe it would help on a competition gun, I don’t know how much difference it makes on an edc gun...ymmv. I’ve put a bunch of rounds through Glocks and have yet to break a plastic guide rod. I’ve heard of it happening but never seen it.

Barry B

I prefer defensive weapons to be as stock as possible. And all my pistols are identically configured.

TruGlo TFX sights
G43 has Shield 15 Round Mags
Tau Development Group Striker Control Device

Otherwise bone stock.

Barry B

I prefer defensive weapons to be as stock as possible. And all my pistols are identically configured.

TruGlo TFX sights
G43 has Shield 15 Round Mags
Tau Development Group Striker Control Device

Otherwise bone stock.

Apologies for replying vs editing. No edit option at this time.

The defensive pistols I carry most are:

Glock G43X - most of the time.
G19 - identically configured to the G43X
G20 SF - identically configured to the G19 and G43X
Ruger LCP Gen 1 - not identical to the glocks, slip on grip that dramatically improves the fit of the gun in my hand and massively reducres the bite when shooting... primarily a bicycle gun due to necessity

Barry

SamR

OP: You may consider having your slide milled for a red dot. Holosun 507k is a great option in the size range. I believe that that would give the you biggest noticeable performance increase as it reduces the downfall of the short sight radius on the gun.

AZ_Rifleman

Amateur
OP: You may consider having your slide milled for a red dot. Holosun 507k is a great option in the size range. I believe that that would give the you biggest noticeable performance increase as it reduces the downfall of the short sight radius on the gun.
I will not support China if I can help it, so Holosuns are not an option. Plus I am not into red dots on a handgun for various reasons. Thank you for the suggestion though.