Glock 43, coming to a theater near you....

RICKDAWGGG

Industry Nobody
Staff member
I came so close last year to springing for a 42 for the wife, but my beer gut instinct told me a 9mm version would be coming soon. Hell yea!

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Regardless if that picture is a photoshop or not, I intend to buy a Glock single stack 9mm as soon as I can. Get rid of the M&P shield 9mm as soon as I can.

adam_s

Regardless if that picture is a photoshop or not, I intend to buy a Glock single stack 9mm as soon as I can. Get rid of the M&P shield 9mm as soon as I can.

If you have a Shield, why replace it? Based on what limited knowledge I have of the 42, and extrapolating it to the hypothetical 43, there will be very little commonality of parts between the new model and the existing double stacks.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
If you have a Shield, why replace it? Based on what limited knowledge I have of the 42, and extrapolating it to the hypothetical 43, there will be very little commonality of parts between the new model and the existing double stacks.
Its a M&P not a Glock. That is the simple answer.

Long answer:
Glock has rapidly got aftermarket parts for its guns, M&P still factory has crap triggers. The G42 had Vickers/tangoDown parts quickly, this will be the same I bet. Also as LE my dept requires an armorer inspection yearly so I currently have no way to get the M&P's inspected sadly.

adam_s

Its a M&P not a Glock. That is the simple answer.

Long answer:
Glock has rapidly got aftermarket parts for its guns, M&P still factory has crap triggers. The G42 had Vickers/tangoDown parts quickly, this will be the same I bet. Also as LE my dept requires an armorer inspection yearly so I currently have no way to get the M&P's inspected sadly.

The yearly armorer inspection is a killer, and makes total sense why you'd want to swap platforms.

In my case, having nothing smaller than a G19, I'll be keeping an eye on this to see what comes of it. I'd like a smaller carry piece for when I'm not in the mood to run a complete social outing rig.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
So far the Shield has caught on a lot as a BUG for my dept, but I will be quick to sell mine to get to carry a Glock as a BUG again.

tylerw02

Glock's page has a top half that is obviously a new single stack. This photo is fake, but we do know Glock is releasing a new model 3/20----and their teaser pic is identical to the top half of this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jryock

Amateur
Glock's page has a top half that is obviously a new single stack. This photo is fake, but we do know Glock is releasing a new model 3/20----and their teaser pic is identical to the top half of this photo.

If you are feeling frisky you could scale the slide length using a slide serration as the base. That picture has six serrations... just like the G42.

PM07

Staff member
I liked my Shield, right up until the front sight insert fell out at 11 rounds in. Like Chuck I will wait until the kinks are worked out. I want to see if it is smaller vs the Shield.

Atlas

I liked my Shield, right up until the front sight insert fell out at 11 rounds in. Like Chuck I will wait until the kinks are worked out. I want to see if it is smaller vs the Shield.

I had a buddy's Para shoot out the front tritium insert on his brand new deployment gun. Trijicon sights .

The inserts fell out of the front and the rear (right side) on mine; a dab of paint solved that problem both times. They've since been replaced with Trij HD's (orange front, same as on my duty glock).