Glock 22 magazine extensions

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
In my, admittedly clumsy, attempts to search for information on the subject, haven't been able to find anything about which mag extensions/springs work best with Glock 22s. Looking for a +5 if there is an acceptable one. I tried a strike industries extension, but, in spite of their excellent customer service, I couldn't get it to feed reliably. I went through 3 replacement mag springs and I couldn't get any better than a 50% failure to feed rate. I suspect that the .40 is more demanding in the mag spring department.

JLL2013

Having used both the Dawson and Taran Tactical extensions I would strongly recommend the Dawsons. The Dawsons simply put less stress on the bottom lips of the magazine upon installation. Also, the TTI extensions are held in by a pin at the spine of the magazine. Many magwells slowly push this pin down, which can eventually lead to the extension disengaging from the magazine.
You are correct in regards to the demands of a .40 on magazine springs; there is significant weight on those springs compared to 9mm ammo. Get some ISMI springs designed for a 140mm magazine to compensate.

Steven Cali

Quantified Performance
Thanks, that confirms my suspicions. I was already leaning towards the Dawsons, they looked better thought out to me. Thanks for the tip on mag springs, I will pick some up.