Glock 19X w/ PMM JTTC Ultra problems

Installed a PMM JTTC Ultra on my G19x last week and tried to give it a sping this weekend at the range. Milled for RMR and Overwatch Precision drop in trigger, but stock otherwise.

At least once per mag it was choking up (FTF) on a variety of 115 gr range ammo. Switched over to 124 grain and the issue dropped to every other mag or so.

I DID see that if I gripped it like it was the only thing holding me on the earth the issue disappeared, but that was hard to sustain without a lot of focus.

Anyways, I'm thinking maybe trying a lighter recoil assembly to clean things up a bit and I'm looking for recommendations on weights. It's either that or I invest in some grip trainers.

What you’re experiencing isn’t uncommon with comps. Best solution is to tune it with recoil springs if you insist on the compensator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Gen 5's are sitting at 22lbs, any advice on what would help with it? 18 maybe?
I don’t have experience with the Gen 5s with comps. My Gen 3 and 4 guns like 15 lbs and the 17 lbs with a KKM comp/barrel. These weights functioned from cheap 115 gr ammo all the way up to 124 gr +p. With springs it’s always a balance and trade off.

What I did was buy a Zev guide rod and I can swap spring weights easy. Pick up one spring of each weight and you’ll figure out which is going to work for you. They are like $5 ea. Experiment a bit then when you find the right one, buy a stack of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the single port one that works with aftermarket barrels or the dual port that only works with the proprietary PMM barrel?

I have the single port model on a 19 and a 45 and they both run anything I throw in them with stock springs. I also have the single port on a 17 and had to swap in a lighter spring (I forget which one, it was from Sprinco and was the middle spring of their Gen 5 pack)

I do remember with the 19 having to run a few hundred through it to get the barrel worn in, but I think that may have been a combination of the aftermarket barrel and the slide coating after RMR milling.

Installed a PMM JTTC Ultra on my G19x last week and tried to give it a sping this weekend at the range. Milled for RMR and Overwatch Precision drop in trigger, but stock otherwise.

At least once per mag it was choking up (FTF) on a variety of 115 gr range ammo. Switched over to 124 grain and the issue dropped to every other mag or so.

I DID see that if I gripped it like it was the only thing holding me on the earth the issue disappeared, but that was hard to sustain without a lot of focus.

Anyways, I'm thinking maybe trying a lighter recoil assembly to clean things up a bit and I'm looking for recommendations on weights. It's either that or I invest in some grip trainers.
Try Nato Spec 124 grain. All of my feeding issues went away once I switched to that ir other 124 +P loads. 147 works perfectly if it’s at 975 to 1000 FPS.

Once I can get a steady supply of NATO I'll give it a try, but the 124 I can get my hands on hasn't yielded great results just yet. I'm looking at a Springco kit to try to fix things, but at this point I may just go back to stock. I'm fine with trying to wring more out of the weapon, but I don't want to compromise the reliability too much. This may just be a learning experience for me and comp's may just not be my thing.

Once I can get a steady supply of NATO I'll give it a try, but the 124 I can get my hands on hasn't yielded great results just yet. I'm looking at a Springco kit to try to fix things, but at this point I may just go back to stock. I'm fine with trying to wring more out of the weapon, but I don't want to compromise the reliability too much. This may just be a learning experience for me and comp's may just not be my thing.
Is the 124 you’re using now +P? That's your best bet.