Glock 19 upgrading

Farmboy20

So i got my stock glock 19 gen 4 that’s my every day carry that I’ve been rolling around with like that for years. And I wanted a rds on it so I bought a agency arms slide, but little did i know it needs the guts for it so I’ve been looking for the parts kits. The main two ones that keep popping up are Zev and grey ghost precision. Does anyone here have experience with these companies and/or their products? Just like to know I’m putting good parts in my carry gun. And can anyone recommend someone irons for the slide also? I’m also looking into a overwatch trigger for it too if anyone has experience with those triggers and has feedback I’ll glad hear it.

PM07

Staff member
For me personally, stick to OEM internals, which are available from a variety of good vendors. Dawson precision for the sights. I have no say o the Overwatch trigger a I have not been able to out shoot the factory one.

Farmboy20

Ok another question then does the generation matter when it comes to ordering a internal parts kit bc most them say glock 19 gen 3 are there differences between the parts of a gen 3 and gen 4?

Grizzly

Ok another question then does the generation matter when it comes to ordering a internal parts kit bc most them say glock 19 gen 3 are there differences between the parts of a gen 3 and gen 4?
Yes, generational differences exist and if a part or kit specifies the gen 3 and you have gen 4 there is a chance it wont' work. I'd contact the maker/seller and check if you are unsure.

pointblank4445

Established

Some parts carry over between the two generations. Trigger springs, disconnectors, ejectors*(hard to note as several changes exist within each Gen already)
Some parts can carry over but with caveats. IIRC, the trigger with trigger bar for a Gen 3 can work in a Gen 4 but only IF the mag release is setup for a "right-handed" (left side button) shooter.
Some parts do not at all. The trigger housing for example has a different geometry between the gen 3 and gen 4 grip geometry allowance.

Farmboy20

Well after a phone call with glock pointblank4445 pretty much said it all some parts are gen specific and some are not, so kinda gotta find the right kit which is royal pain rn everything being put of stock.

pointblank4445

Established
Well after a phone call with glock pointblank4445 pretty much said it all some parts are gen specific and some are not, so kinda gotta find the right kit which is royal pain rn everything being put of stock.
I'll tell my brass and they'll be happy to know these 7 or 8 Glock armorer certs are finally paying off. :p
Plus the Glock peeps aren't much fun. One guy said you couldn't mix Gen 4 frame and Gen 5 slide...pfft.