Glock 19 MOS/43 Upgrades & Holster

Glock 19 threaded for suppressor or KKM Compensator?

• KKM Compensator

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Threaded for pleasure

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Hello everyone:

I recently purchased the Glock 19 MOS and Glock 43. Absolutely in love with these two pistols. I have carried a Glock 19 for two years in the G-Code INCOG AIWB and with the recent shift of interest I have some questions.

The Roland Special has caught my attention, but I also have suppressors. Please keep in mind the following for the G43, less the RMR.
  • What are the recommended triggers and lbs for both pistols? I intend on caring one or the other daily. I plan on competing down the road and I shoot 1-2 times a week, regularly. I've grown accustomed to the stock trigger, but after shooting a Zev, I decided its time to upgrade.
  • Suppressor sights: Night or all black? I am getting an rmr with a red dot and almost want to avoid other dots being there. Which brands is everyone using for raised sights?
  • Trijicon RMR: Where is a good place to buy these? I want the RM06 and have been in the Army for over five years, so have the ability to get a military discount.
  • Barrels: Opinions on barrels? I am considering a KKM, but my main problem is the threads. What is the thread pitch for the KKM Compensator? I have a SilencerCo Hybrid coming and would like to have the ability to use it on my pistols.
  • Magwell adapters: What are the favorited brands? I am looking for something low profile, like the this one.
Now, the discussion of holsters.

What are the recommended holsters for both pistols.

I intend on carrying my G19 with a Surefire x300U Appendix IWB.
What are my options? I've used G-Code and like them, but have drawn recent attention to Raven Concealment. Please keep in mind: The light and either threaded barrel or compensator.
(Already have an INCOG on the way for the G43.)

I appreciate the insight!

I believe the KKM threads are 9/16 X 32. Since SilencerCo uses 1/2 X 28, I doubt your can will work on the KKM.

Sent from Funkenwagnel's porch.

ca1ec156a8e1810cd725451a4a85ff7a.jpg

For holsters, I would start with a VanGuard 3 from Raven Concealment. Then, I also have a Gueax Hard AIWB and OWB on order. I spoke with the owner on Instagram and told him exactly what I have. He is making them specifically for the Rowland Special. Other than that, you can get away with any holster for the G34 w/ x300u. The length of the G34 with light is just a hair longer than the KKM comp with light.

PM07

Staff member
Freya for the mag funnel.
I've looked at the other but keep coming back to the Freya.

avtech850

Amateur
Ravens VG3 is going to be your best bet for a off the shelf holster to use while you wait for a custom rig from someone like JM Kydex or Persec.
Barrels, unless you have the coin and the desire to buy two separate after market barrels, a KKM COMP isn't the way to go. I ran into this when I was piecing together my 17 and decided to go with a S3F barrel so I could run my can when the mood or need struck me.
Magwell: Freya and done. The agency looks amazing but has been hard to lay hands on in the past. I don't know if that's still the case these days but my search ended with the Freya so YMMV.
G43: I picked one up for my wife last year and like it so much I plan on buying one for myself when funds allow as a "Rule 1" gun. I forget the make and model of the sites, but they are a tritium front and blacked out rear. I could've forgone the tritium, but I remeber it being the only quality option at the time. The micro blaster also wears a Streamlight TRL 6 light/laser combo and I really can't say anything bad about it. The beam isn't going to burn anyone's eyes out, but it is very usable and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.
The one complaint I have against her setup is the holster. At the time a company called Tulster were the only folks bending kydex for the 43/TRL combo so that's who got the coin. It is far from a bad holster, but it doesn't have the amount of retention that I personally prefer. Then again, I have come to really like the finish removing tension that seems to be standard from JM so my complaints aren't necessarily valid to others.

PatMcG

Is the Carver Comp similar to the kkm? It's available in 1/2x28

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NolaCRNA

I recently installed the dawson mos sights, however I learned that you will probably not want to order the set. You want to order them separately because the the ones that come with the set are way too tall. If you want the co witness I would go with the .395 tall which is what they recommended for the 19