Gear Bags

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
I'm torn on a gear bag purchase at the moment. I currently have a Eagle M4 SIGMA monstrosity, which will fit a bunch of gear, is just to big/heavy when loaded for what I need (moving between house and patrol cars).

I was looking at a smaller bag but still Large in over all size to hold gear.

The RE Factor ASO and the Patagonia Black Whole 120L bags are what I'm currently looking at.

I need to pack the following:
  • Crye Airframe
  • Crye JPC w/ Hydro pouch
  • Black Turtle or SWAT heavy vest with Hydro/Gas Mask
  • First Spear ECP assault pack
  • Sustainment Gear (extra uniform, 3 MRE's, etc)
  • misc odds and ends
  • Extra Gas Mask Filters
  • Binoculars

Anyone other bags I should look at? Anyone with the above bags see if the size of stuff would fit?

KevinB

I run a Tactical Tailor bag -- unsure of name - but it holds the following
TC2002 Gunfighter (I'm old)
BFG Plate Minus
ANVIS-6 (in cary case)
Battle Belt
Extra uniforms, some water and food
batteries - some extra ammo
LRF - Binos and Spotting Scope with Badger SLICK mount

It's small enough to carry places - but generally resides in the back of my Durango

I have a Khard 30 for "local sustainment" for longer term stuff I have a Kifaru EMR that I can use for multiday stuff.

Roscoe

I use this bag for all my armor and helmet, utilities, and boots. They give a discount to mil/LE.
Re Factor Tactical Enhanced Kit Bag. The ASO bag is also good (I have 3!) but can be a little trickier to pack. One for work, one for range, and one for travel.

I had the SKD bag before but it was hard to get to stuff at the bottom without pulling everything out. I did like the padded bottom to protect my plates.

http://www.refactortactical.com/enhanced-kit-bag/

I have the RE Factor ASO bag, and it is - without a doubt - my favorite bag. Mine's currently my range bag, but I've considered picking up another for other stuff.

I am continually surprised by the quality of construction and attention to detail.

I have been looking for a new bag the last few weeks but just have not been able to narrow it down. The more I look at t I think the RE ASO will fill that need. Thanks for all the info guys!

275RLTW

ASO bag is good. I've been using one as my daily range/carry on/gym/3-4 day bag while flying around teaching. Well built, lots of room in the right places, not much that wasn't thought out or without purpose.