Gas Masks

Which CBRN certified mask, if any, are you currently using?

• Total voters

jnelson

CBRN Guy
This thread is here so we can have an open discussion about current and future protective masks, capabilities, fitness for use and information. I will be upfront and say that I have a bias towards the Avon masks, but that is because of my experience, training and my current and previous employment. There are other masks out there that work, I recognize that and have experience with a number of them, which is why we are having this open and honest discussion about masks. We will also be discussing the other components of the CBRN ensemble in other threads.

The poll is here to get a baseline of what people are currently using, so I/we can start different threads about specific products like the MSA Millennium, Avon C50, Avon FM53, as well as PAPR and SCBA systems, protective suits/garments, etc. If there is a specific item or product that you would like to discuss, send me a PM and I will get something going.

Let's get started.

JCSpringer

My department issues everything from the m40 (whats in my riot bag) to the older avons. I hear our new recruits are getting the new avons. I need to confirm that and see if I can get some rook drop outs kit. I mow in a beater MSA Millenium. Really I use it for crawling under the house to work and damn near anything else up to and including DARC courses.