G43 Magazine Extension feedback request

I’m curious about what people are using to extend the magazines of a G43. I’m not exactly getting raving reviews about the TT that I was considering.

Any input is appreciated.

PatMcG

I use the TT but they have required pretty consistent spring changes in the +3. Even when the +10% springs are new they just feel “soft”. I’ve never had one fall off but I know others that have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BooneGA

Staff member
WARLORD
I went with Hyve extensions for my 43. No complaints at all.

After using TTI on 19 and 17 magazines I'll never put them on any Glock product again.

SteveM

They are supposed to release a 10rd G43X soon:

"Back in 2015 Glock released their much-anticipated single-stack G43. Glock’s latest addition, following newer releases like their Gen5, 19X, and G45 is likely slated for a SHOT Show 2019 premiere. We’re told the G43X a higher capacity version of its single-stack G43.

According to dimensions leaked to RECOIL by a third party with ties to Glock’s Austrian headquarters, compared to the dimensions of the G43, the G43X grip is “4mm wider and 15mm longer than a G43” to accommodate its new ten-round magazine...."

https://www.recoilweb.com/glock-to-...ILv0xgh89ix6ZbgntAvfIq_0XjLuscBe10SVbXrYwNUg8

They are supposed to release a 10rd G43X soon:

"Back in 2015 Glock released their much-anticipated single-stack G43. Glock’s latest addition, following newer releases like their Gen5, 19X, and G45 is likely slated for a SHOT Show 2019 premiere. We’re told the G43X a higher capacity version of its single-stack G43.

According to dimensions leaked to RECOIL by a third party with ties to Glock’s Austrian headquarters, compared to the dimensions of the G43, the G43X grip is “4mm wider and 15mm longer than a G43” to accommodate its new ten-round magazine...."

https://www.recoilweb.com/glock-to-...ILv0xgh89ix6ZbgntAvfIq_0XjLuscBe10SVbXrYwNUg8

I saw that today. I’ve already ordered the gun so it’s a bit late to wait for an unreleased product. I’m not even sure I’d want the extra length at all times. This will primarily be for NPE IWB carry and a bit of pocket carry.

I have the TT +1 since it's basically the same size as the standard baseplate and if I'm carrying the 43 concealment is the priority, and Suarez +2s. Extra power springs. Never a problem.

weaver1032

I've been very happy with the Vickers Tactical extensions. My G43 is primarily an on duty BUG role but gets carried off duty about 10% of my time. I have Vickers extension on 3 magazines. They've been dropped on pavement, gravel, indoor ranges, and generally banged around when carried (my BUG is cargo pocket carried) with no issues and look like new. Never had a malfunction either.

Strike Industries +2s every single time. I have been lucky to have picked up a used G43 with some TTs, though. I like the TTs, but prefer the additional contouring that the SIs provide in the palm. That's where all of the other additional capacity plates have gone wrong, in my opinion. They either didn't have a properly contoured rear section for the palm (for recoil compensation / fast follow-up shot purposes) or they didn't have any sort of contouring at all. Everyone focused on the front of the plate for pinky placement and forgot about the back.

The TTs that I have don't offer in-line back support. The Vickers runs in-line in the front, but shelves harder in the back than the TTs that I have. The FAB Defense +4s look crappy as hell; but they works perfectly and add even more grip space, front and back and downwards, for larger hands. Far from being on my list of extensions-to-consider, but it was a part of the deal I got and I was presently surprised by how nice they were.

All in all, I would recommend the SIs first and foremost if maximizing the overall capacity isn't the primary objective.

Stiltd683

I use the Pearce +1s. They fit well and add a pinky shelf. No issues with feeding but they are somewhat tight so you have to drop the slide home on the first round instead of easing it forward.

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
I saw that today. I’ve already ordered the gun so it’s a bit late to wait for an unreleased product. I’m not even sure I’d want the extra length at all times. This will primarily be for NPE IWB carry and a bit of pocket carry.

Fair point but the factory 10 and subsequent mag extensions for that will give you some real flexibility.

Tangero

Had no issues with my Vickers +2s. That last round can be a bit stiff to load but they never had any feed troubles.

Mike_IA

I use Hyve +3s there is a trick to installing them yourself but once you do it right they run like a top.

I also have some TTIs but even though they are +3s they only load 2 and the ergo on them sucks compared to Hyve

Last edited: