G26 vs G43/G43X/G48

ES_137

Does anyone here still carry a G26 concealed? More specifically, has anyone here traded your G26 for a slimline Glock, then gone back to the G26? I’m wondering, because I’m thinking of doing that myself. My body style won’t accommodate a G19 under a t-shirt, and my hands are just a bit large to comfortably shoot the slimline guns. Am I the only one?

Ndbbm

Ya, over the years I’ve used a Khar P9, a S&W Shield, and finally a Glock 43 x as a bug and off duty gun. I started playing with a Gen 5 Glock 26 and found I could shoot it better than the slimmer guns. The ability to size magazines up or down or use a 24 rd magazine left in the center console was a bonus. The 26 became my off duty gun and occasionally ankle carried. A ruger lcr 9mm in my off hand pocket became my bug (a lcr 38 with wadcutters, in the pocket is frequently my at home, just have a gun). I have no desire to use the 43, 43x, etc anymore.

Jason

dcsp3x

I went from a g43 to g48 and then back to a g26. The Magpul 12rd magazine with its small finger extension completely changed the gun for me.

I found the g43/48 to be too small and moved too much in my hand while shooting, and additionally, I shot them worse than any standard-size Glock I have. I carry the g26 when I am not carrying my g19, it's about 50/50 between the two depending on what I am doing.

Hush

Smaller hands here, used to pocket carry my G26 in EMS pants, got replaced by the 43 when it came out and the 26 hasn't been out of the safe since. 43XMOS with shield arms mags and holosun has replaced my G19 entirely.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Are the width differences compared to the 26 that significant to make a noticeable difference to you? There's .15" more width on the 26, it'd make more sense to me to carry the 26 and take advantage of the capabilities that come with it over the slimmer options

Barry B

Here is a good tool to compare guns. I have had a G26, ended up going with G43 which I made into a G43X. I do not shoot that gun as well as my G19, and I have small hands. I think the issue is magnified as your hand size goes up.

Barry B

Damn time limit!!!

For me, the .10” in width lost with the G43X/48 was worth it. The G26 didn’t print more/less at AIWB than my G19. For me, I’d go with the G48 slide on the G48 frame before I’d go to the G26. I may go back to that for the longer sight distance and more weight on the muzzle to reduce the rise when of the muzzle (mebbe?) when shooting.

-B

MOT

With the existence of the 48 and 43x is there still a place for the cut grip guns? Like a 19 with the grip chopped to take 26 mags, or a 48 slide on a 43 frame.