G19.4 extractor issues

MOT

Today I started having odd malfunctions(failures to eject/extract) with my gen 4 g19. As usual I would just clear and continue shooting. Had more malfunctions within a few mags than I’ve had previously all put together. I then noticed the extractor/loaded chamber indicator was sticking way out, much farther than normal. I unloaded the gun locked slide back and the extractor was still sticking out. It was still extracting the rounds. Upon removing the slide it went back in place. I fully stripped it and inspected the parts. Nothing looked off. Of course I’m not a gunsmith or armorer. Everything went together just fine. I could very easily move the extractor with my finger after reassembling the slide. That seems abnormal to me. How often should these small parts be replaced?
Thanks for any help.

MOT

So. Took the slide apart and cleaned and scrubbed and oiled it up last weekend. Shot it tonight in a match and was having stovepipes on last round out of the mag. Case in top of ejection port parallel with the barrel, facing forward. This is happening with oem and magpul mags. I realize that my estimation of 10k rounds on that slide may actually be low. The all internals are stock, except for the overwatch precision trigger shoe/bar. Had to finish the match with the upper off of my backup g19.4
Do I need to get a new set of springs and extractor? Could it be the aftermarket trigger parts?
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help. I went with glocks originally for logistics reasons as well as the reputation for reliability. Might have to go back to my good old hi power for a bit.

Yondering

If the extractor moves easily and you've cleaned out the plunger hole so it's not just plugged with gunk or rust, it is probably time to replace the extractor plunger spring. Might as well replace the plastic button on the rear of the spring too.

Yondering

I don't have a personal preference, other than buying the OEM Glock springs (I don't know if an aftermarket version of that spring exists anyway). Personally I'd probably get them from Brownells while ordering some other stuff too. The extractor itself is cheap enough, you might consider replacing that at the same time just to be sure.

One really nice thing about these Glocks is that any small parts like that are cheap and easy to replace, and readily available from several different sources. They're also so simple that it only takes about a minute to completely strip the slide and replace anything that needs it.

One other thought - the safety plunger is part of what holds the extractor in place; make sure there's nothing weird going on there with burrs, gunk, etc.

MOT

I’ve had it fully apart and I think everything looks ok. I’m going to do more trouble shooting and probably just get an oem slide completion kit unless I can find the individual components I want to replace.

MOT

New extractor installed. Seems to have solved the problem. Will continue to test. I’m getting more backup replacement parts just as a precaution. As a side note, the aftermarket striker broke on my gen 3 19. I think it was a zev component, not sure. Do y’all know if a gen 4 striker will fit in a gen 3 slide?