Free Float Handguards without modifications.....

Wrench

Greetings, i have acquired a Colt 6720 complete upper with a low pro gas block and no delta ring, just a barrel nut. Im looking for a free float handguard i can just drop on without taking the barrel off, currently looking at the DD Omega but im not sure if that requires the delta ring or not, any knowledge on the DD and or recommendations? Thank you.

AOBrien

No knowledge on the DD rail but I do have and use frequently a Centurion Arms C4 rail. They attach to the standard AR barrel nut, lock up very tight, and aren’t too terribly heavy. They’re touted as very good rails by many guys in the know but are only offered in full pic rail. They are a bit more expensive then the DD rail but are offered in longer lengths then the DD rail. I don’t have any experience with the rail in regards to anything IR or Vis laser as far a deflection goes, sorry.

Kain

The standard DD Omega requires the delta ring. It set up as basically a drop in rail for those with a regular rifle set up who don't or can't permanently mod the rifle. It works, but, it on the tall side.

In the OP 's case the Centurion C4 rail is probably what I'd lean towards. There some older troy rails which may work as well, but I can't recall.