Forthcoming Sig Romeo2 RDS - Novel enclosed-emitter, DeltaPoint Pro footprint and bolt pattern

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I stumbled across this video in my YouTube subscription feed this morning, detailing the further development of Sig’s upcoming Romeo2 pistol RDS;

Some key takeaways;

- Likely launch around NRAAM in April, shipping later in summer

- Footprint and bolt pattern same as Romeo1Pro/DeltaPoint Pro - Meaning most if not all of Sig’s revamped optics-ready pistols will be compatible, including the M17/18, X-Five Legion, X-Compact, and any other Sig pistol that comes cut for or equipped with a R1P

- Will include two optional protective shrouds in the package

- Specifically being designed to survive Aaron Cowan’s pistol RDS drop test (5-6 foot drop onto concrete with the pistol oriented optic-down) with either of the included optional protective shrouds installed

- One of the two included optional protective shrouds is a “fully-enclosed shroud with a clear polycarbonate rear lens sealed with a gasket”, creating an enclosed-emitter optic that remains compatible with the R1P/DPP top-down mounting pattern

- Integrated rear suppressor-height iron sight

- MSRP of $5-600 estimated

Looks like an interesting new optic with a novel approach to creating an enclosed-emitter design without the mounting solution issues of the ACRO or Holosun 509T. And sounds like they’re building it to be properly tough. This will be one to watch...

tylerw02

I may possibly try one of these. I read that later in the year Sig will be finalizing a dual direct mill for RMRs and DPPs. If that happens I may be picking up more Sigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’ll have one shortly and will be sure to post. Thanks for the update.

Define shortly? Shortly after they’re released this summer, or a pre-release T&E model?

I’d be very curious about the enclosing shroud and how well it works to truly seal the emitter housing from the elements

tylerw02

I’ll have one shortly and will be sure to post. Thanks for the update.

Define shortly? Shortly after they’re released this summer, or a pre-release T&E model?

I’d be very curious about the enclosing shroud and how well it works to truly seal the emitter housing from the elements

I had seen a video stating it will seal against humidity, rain, snow, etc but not against submergence.

user12358

Am I the only one that thinks a non-purged enclosed emitter optic sounds like a sub par idea? I have sent optics back for losing their Nitrogen or Argon purge and the manufacturer also seemed to think that was a defect given that all of them were fixed. I obviously don't have any time with this optic to pass judgement but I can't think of a single optic with an enclosed emitter that isn't purged.

tylerw02

Am I the only one that thinks a non-purged enclosed emitter optic sounds like a sub par idea? I have sent optics back for losing their Nitrogen or Argon purge and the manufacturer also seemed to think that was a defect given that all of them were fixed. I obviously don't have any time with this optic to pass judgement but I can't think of a single optic with an enclosed emitter that isn't purged.

That’s my initial thought as well. Fortunately, you can take it apart easily. Not that it will do you any good in a nasty situation where you’re dependent on it.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User

That will be something to watch when it becomes available, good catch

Stanislao

Recoil Web did an article on it a few weeks ago, I've also found a few online retailers who list the sight on backorder. I suspect that the product will be released relatively soon.

anubismp

I held one and pushed buttons, may have been an early one or a prototype. Reminded me a lot of a DPP which I'm admittedly not fond of. The detachable shroud was an interesting idea but I feel like that will fog and trap things in there. Kind of the whole point is to have a sealed closed emitter. I could be wrong. It didn't blow my skirt up enough to move me from Holosuns 509T or 507s. Sample size of 1.

Stanislao

Yeah fogging is the main question that everyone has, even more so than the second rate durability that SIG optics have been known for.

Still, a direct fit enclosed optic that actually works would be a great thing.