Force on Force gear protection tips.

So if you find yourselves going to a class that will be using sims/UTMs or you do a lot of OPFOR for a facility that uses sims/UTMs and you want to try and limit the abuse your personal or unit issued gear like lights, lasers and NVGs take here are a few tips that has saved my gear countless times.

Some coban, Lexan, a drill press with a holesaw without the center drill it and a little time is all you need.

I cut the Lexan I get form Home Depot or lowes( I use .093 sheets) with various holesaw bits to get several sizes to meet my needs.

Then I got to Tractor Supply and pick up 4 counts of coban for about $7.00 or so. It's in the horse section they use it to wrap their legs.

I use this coban to attach the Lexan in it out to my flashlights, and NVGs. I also use some then closed cell foam under the coban for extra padding on things that take real abuse.

Hope this helps.

nodcover1.jpg

nodcover2.jpg
nodcover3.jpg
nodcover4.jpg
nodcover5.jpg
nodcover6.jpg

DARC_FC_Tip.jpg

And for the guys running AVON mask here is a few more small tips that has helped save my mask over the last several months. It's just a small piece of kydex cut with a zip tie through the gills of the mask.

And when going up against UTM I just use a small wire to hold on an extra outer lens.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135

Kamp

Ive also got the easy button for Optics, Will post pictures when I get a chance.

These help keep optics from getting scratched or in the case of Eotechs (broken).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest front end protection I’m using. The ButlerCreek Flip up caps (for PVS glass use part# 09-09A) with a 5.6mm hole(works best for me. Can be 5 to 7mm just start small and test and work your way up to find the best size hole for you.)(This is an infinity focus device allowing you to have close in(approx arms length) and far away dual focus at the same time. I picked this up from Rich over at @directactionresourcecenter )

So I cut one piece of lexan to fit in the objective lens and sit on the shoulder of the jam nut. This ensures that the lexan does not ever come in contact with your lens and scratch the coatings on them. Then a second normal piece cut to fit on top of the first. This should bring you flush to the outer edge. The third is cut to the same size as the outer edge of the objective to the Butler Creek caps will slide over it and hold all three pieces in place.
This gives me ultimate protection against direct objective hits against UTM and Sim/FoF rounds.

Attachments

• IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2827.jpg
    IMG_2827.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 27