FN America LLC

KevinB

Many of you will know me from KAC, but this week I started at FN America LLC
(for those not familiar - FNH USA and FNMI where merged into a single company several months ago).
Federal Entities are my focus - and non FED LE is split here due to decisions above my paygrade.

Kevin S. Boland

Manager, Federal Sales

FN America, LLC
Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
www.fnhusa.com

CrazyDoc

Amateur
So Kevin are you going to be doing demos for FN now? We had a guy (can't recall his name right now) put on a Demo for my CERT and the surrounding county CERTs about a year or so ago. Great day trying out new toys and such.

DocGKR

Dr.Ballistics
Staff member
Can you kill the P90 and bring out a DI (or other solution to eliminate optic destroying recoil impulse) Mk17/Mk20 in .260 Rem and .308? Pretty please?

jvencius

Can FN start including more than one magazine with a $2,500+ rifle (ie the SCAR-17)? Admittedly, I'd rather have one OEM magazine that works (the store where I bought my -17 didn't have any extra mags in stock, otherwise I'd have picked up some at the time of purchase) vs a DPMS/Bushmaster that comes w/multiple magazines which don't work, but load one mag/shoot/reload that mag gets kind of old after a bit...

KevinB

I will be doing Fed demo's, sales etc - local LE is separate now, and handled by Bucky Mills, and he has a fleet of LE Rep's etc.

Doc -- all user feedback is being uploaded currently ;)

I'm a very small cog in a very big ship.

AresGear_Jake

Stiffer Is Better
Vendor
LOL

FYSA - F3Tactical in Chantilly VA has a SLEW of Mk17 mags.
Like hundreds...

I think his point was not "I can't find mags", but "I don't get a spare mag with a $2500 rifle". I bought several Mk17 mags when I got my Scar...I still thought it was odd to only get 1 with the gun. Maybe I've been spoiled by Glocks and ARs.

- Jake

KevinB

Got it - I think it's more like, everyone else selling a 7.62 gun sells it with one mag. I can ask the commercial folks next week.

Admittedly, I have never seen an 5.56mm AR sold with more than one either -- mainly because I never looked as I have a plethora of those mags.

jvencius

I think his point was not "I can't find mags", but "I don't get a spare mag with a $2500 rifle". I bought several Mk17 mags when I got my Scar...I still thought it was odd to only get 1 with the gun. Maybe I've been spoiled by Glocks and ARs.

- Jake

Bingo--you nailed it.

I only got hands-on time with two 7.62 semiautos before buying the -17 (a LWRC REPR being the other) and only looked at internet specs/reviews (for whatever those are worth, lol...) for the other models I considered and didn't even think to check for how many magazines came with the rifle. I'll have to give F3 a call next payday to order a couple extras b/c the shop I bought the rifle from couldn't give me an estimate when they'd get more in...

Shadow2

Amateur
Anything you can provide. I heard they were submitted for the SASS trials and would be available for civilian use. Havent seen any more info or any reviews from users besides what was on SSD.

Default.mp3

Established
Are there any Class 1 IR lasers that would survive living on a SCAR 17S? If it was mounted on a rail extension, e.g., a KDG MREX, rather than directly on the top rail, would it make any difference?

I've been told there's a list of SOPMOD equipment that's been rated to be CAR hardened, but I obviously don't have access to that document.