FN 509 Tactical help.

Joker75

Amateur
I recently picked up a FN 509 Tactical, and was hoping that someone here might have more experience and knowledge than I do. I planning on making this my EDC, once I get some more trigger time.

Has anyone found an AWIB holster that will work with the 509 Tactical? I am planning on running an RDS, a WML, and probably a compensator as well, so that will need to be accounted for, as far as the holster.

I haven't seen any comps that are specifically designed for the 509 Tactical, but saw a Texas Black Rifle Company comp mounted on one. If anyone has found a comp that was designed for this firearm, or knows of any others that will work, please let me know.

I did see that the Phlster spotlight is available for the 509, with a SUREFIRE x300, but don't know if it will fit the Tactical, due to the extended threaded barrel, or if it will fit with the comp.

Any suggestions, or help that you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated.
910054c7d0f38e1e054e3048ee8eb79b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Joker75

Amateur
PHLster has a Spotlight holster for 509 + x300, but it doesn't accommodate a comp.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop/glock-spotlight-holster/

As with the Roland itself, make sure you question if you really need the compensator if you can't find an out of the box holster for it.
I just received this from Jon at Phlster, so it looks like I should be fine running a comp in their holster. Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else who is looking for a similar setup.

"Yessir it absolutely will! We worked directly with FN to ensure that our holster offerings fit all the features of the 509 Tactical. As long as the comp conforms to the dimensions and proportions of the slide, it’ll fit the holster.
Thanks!
Jon"

Now if I can find a comp that will work, I'll be set.

Longinvs

Quantified Performance
I just received this from Jon at Phlster, so it looks like I should be fine running a comp in their holster. Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else who is looking for a similar setup.

"Yessir it absolutely will! We worked directly with FN to ensure that our holster offerings fit all the features of the 509 Tactical. As long as the comp conforms to the dimensions and proportions of the slide, it’ll fit the holster.
Thanks!
Jon"

Henry Holster has one on their sight that matches the profile of the gun. Otherwise Jon has the TBRC M&P comp on his.

Henry Holster has one on their sight that matches the profile of the gun. Otherwise Jon has the TBRC M&P comp on his.

So I was just about to say this myself, I have the 509 tac and it fits in my Spotlight very well. I have the TBRC M&P comp on back order and I'll keep it there till the Henry Holster one ( https://www.henryholsters.com/product/fn509comp/ )comes in on Friday and I see if it fits.

RallyMech

Amateur

Thanks!
Jon"

Good to know, thanks.

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
I've been waiting for months for a TBRC M&P comp for my sig. I read they had some issue that they had to stop producing for some time, but it's been quite awhile. I ended up trying a comp from another company, but hopefully they will be available again soon.

Joker75

Amateur
Scott, did you get any instructions with your compensator? If not, what was your procedure for installing it?

Scott, did you get any instructions with your compensator? If not, what was your procedure for installing it?

The comp ships in a tooling case with no instructions. When I installed mine, I used red Loctite on the barrel threads and blue on the set screws since I don't intend on taking it off.

Joker75

Amateur

The comp ships in a tooling case with no instructions. When I installed mine, I used red Loctite on the barrel threads and blue on the set screws since I don't intend on taking it off.
Thanks for the info. That's what I ended up doing on mine as well.