Fixed Blade Knives

MojoNixon

I had a Tops Mil-Spie 3 that I liked, but was trying to sell and received no interest so I decided to modify it myself. I really like the Shepard Knives Pikal and tried to make it resemble that. 8 hours of slow meticulous bench grinder work I ended up with this: It doesn't really follow the form of the Pikal but without one in hand to compare to as I was working I got as close as I could get based off of memory and the picture earlier in this thread. I got it to a size and shape I'm happy with. It still needs a little more Scotchbrite work but is essentially done. I like it and actually carry it now where I really couldn't prior to this transformation.
It's basically a 3 finger blade now but in a reverse grip with the thumb riding the back of the handle it is quite secure. Carried IWB at about 11:00.

Attachments

MrMurphy

I've carried one of Joe Watsons original Hidden Key prototypes horizontal on the belt. TDI left front at times, been looking at a Benchmade punch dagger.

Headhunter Rat IWB at 9/10 o’clock. THE edc fixed blade imo. Carried a cold steel braveheart in same
Manner for years. Also a good blade and can be found on eBay for less than 100. Pair w Bladerigs sheath.

Headhunter Rat IWB at 9/10 o’clock. THE edc fixed blade imo. Carried a cold steel braveheart in same
Manner for years. Also a good blade and can be found on eBay for less than 100. Pair w Bladerigs sheath.
Same, Rat blade for me. Sometimes I would carry the Winkler Dynamis blade or the Headhunter Kryptos but those are for specific applications...

MojoNixon

I’ve been looking at the CRKT Siwi. It checks all the boxes for things I want in a blade.
1) @3” blade, it’s 3 1/3.
2) @ 7” OAL, it’s 7.25
3) G10 or micarta scales, it’s G10.
4) it has a decent sheath that a tek-lok or G clip will work on. $45 to $100 depending on source. 1301EA93-EFE2-43C7-B608-783518928DE2.png