Fixed and LPVO for AK

Arioch

Amateur
This probably falls outside of "midrange" but I shoot matches with a guy who runs an AK with a Zenitco B-33, on top of which he has an Eotech and a Vortex 3x magnifier, he seems pretty fond of that set up.

I asked for his opinion about LPVO's on AKs and he said RS Regulate might be the better option as it'll bring the weight down some. I was actually just thinking about this topic the other day, but my Tantal's lack of side rail came up as an issue.

pointblank4445

Established
Always heard the RS Regulate to circumvent the top cover flex issue and still keep the optic somewhat low.

Regarding the Zenitco rail, understand it only works in conjunction with the handguard...kinda like the KAC RAS for HK's and that mount concept.
Joe Barnsfather at Superior did my "Alpha" AK clone and he had to do some extensive milling/fitting work to get it on my Arsenal:
DwmlCFc.jpg

I would not recommend the Zenitco from an end user/practical perspective. WAY too front end heavy; with the addition of all that rail bulk. I was MUCH happier with my first AK with the RD front end job that was much simpler:
EZCUfR1.jpg

Matt,

I have had some good luck with the RS Regulate mounting system upon which I mounted a Primary Arms 1-6 on my M92 PAP. Due to it being the M92 I also utilized the AK Master Mount as an add on, since it didn’t come with an existing side rail in its factory configuration. I worked on this project in late 2016 to early 2017 and liked the outcome at the time. I also had a friend find me another dust cover, which through his contacts at work they were able to professionally mill off the integral rear sight to create clearance for the optic mounting solution. I don’t have any better photos on my phone at this time, but here is a some semblance thereof my M92 pistol.
7c60d2c479bc3c6e48b4c6825d8b27da.jpg