First set of plates

CD228

Amateur
AT Armor sells HESCO plates and the Owner has shared knowledge on this board. I purchased from them and was pleased. Make sure to check the sales policy on the site in case it has changed. Also, check your local laws.

HighTower

I don't trust most YouTube reviews/test. They have no clue what standards are or are getting paid.
Even if the person is not being paid for the video of the product they sell, the seller still gains from advertisement of their own distro of said products. No matter how well intentioned the video is. There is a tactical training individual who I really admire and would love to take classes from, this individual sells some awesome plates, but decided to make a video shooting the plates, made sure to mention it was not an ideal NIJ test event and keeps the video on the sales page... on one hand, one either knows the plate is already awesome, or one does not. Cant define all the reasons why the video is... not exactly right but it hits a few things i mentioned above. Outside of that individual, most other videos are lame... but the one dude taking a sledge hammer to a 4sas7 provides an academic object lesson, so that video is on my "education worthy list only".

I don't trust most YouTube reviews/test. They have no clue what standards are or are getting paid.

An additional reason to be wary of youtube shoots is that the manufacturer often sends the tester "samples" specifically for the test. There's no way to truly know whether the plate pulling off all this crazy stuff in a video is the very same model that you can purchase from the manufacturer. It may be souped-up. You can't pull that sort of stuff with the NIJ, since they do make unannounced inspections to ensure that the products are still compliant. Furthermore, and this is more for those youtube tests that depict high-level threats like M993 getting stopped by a Level IV, it's hard to know if the "M993" is really M993. The viewer doesn't get to load the round, after all.