Findings from Glock PMAG FB Post 1/31/2017

_teedubbz

So I asked the question on the FB P&S group if whether or not the Magpul PMAG offerings for Glocks can now be considered good to go for carry/duty use.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/918211234892044?view=permalink&id=1308579479188549

There was already a lot of talk about these mags throughout the P&S group network on FB. But nothing recent. So I wanted to gather the information into kind of a master post, after having to dig and read for hours trying to find the answer I was looking for.

To summarize, there is no black or white answer. At least not that I can take away. Most of the responses in this thread were positive. But some of our members are still experiencing issues with their mags, while others have chosen to carry them.

My takeaway: Choosing to run these magazines in a serious use role is basically up to how comfortable you personally feel with them, based on your own experiences. I was hoping that by now we would see a more of a definitive "YES" because I think these magazines could potentially be great for serious use. I particularly like the PMAG 15's basepads that make them easy to strip for malfunction clearances. And the PMAG 21 makes a potentially great spare mag for carry in a pocket or pouch (IWB, OWB, duty, etc). And obviously, the price is a factor as well.

I plan on running some in an upcoming Sage Dynamics course. If they work out well for me there, I'll probably just stop buying OEM magazines altogether. I will post my findings after I take the course in May.

Bourneshooter

Blue Line Sheepdog
Get a few. Use them in training. See if your gun, training and carry ammo like them.

I have a bag with 3 17's and 1 21 I keep in my work bag. They are shot every other week or more in training. So far no issues related to the mags, just FTF's based on hard primers in the training ammo. The 21 has had at least 15 full loads put through it, and 30 or so partial loads. The 17's are about 1 year old with unknown full loads of ammo and partials put through them. I don't baby them, drop them right onto the cement range floor.

Dr. Cornwallis

I have five of the 15rd 9mm mags for my G19 and I haven't had any issues with them yet. I've had them for around 3 months. I bought them as training mags because of them not being a for sure "yes" in regards to being used for serious use, however, given my experience with my mags thus far and Magpul's reputation for making shit that works, I would now consider them duty ready.

ETA: I can only speak for the G19 version, but it's gtg in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a P MAG 17 GL9 about six months after the recall for the bad followers. The mag would only drop free when the gun was canted the between the 7 to 5 O Clock position. I tried to swap out the spring with a Wolff Extra Strength spring and the follow spring combo wouldn’t work. When I called P MAG customer service and spoke with a tech on the phone, the tech explained that the springs weren’t inter changeable. I own more than 20 OEM mags and bought the GL9 because they were cheap and seemed like an economical option going forward.