Finding Training Area's in Kansas

Vlad792

Hello, my situation is that I have recently moved from Fort Carson, Colorado to Fort Riley Kansas and I am having issues finding a training area that will allow to train things such as conceal carry draws, VTAC Barrier drills, Shooting in Kit, Shooting in low light/no light, and shooting under NODS and using timers. In Colorado there are public land sections that allow target shooting. So far I have not found any National forest/State land that will permit target shooting. Although the Kansas law says "Target practice is permitted in areas where it is authorized" I've been to multiple State Parks that say it but do not have a actually "No shooting until 5 miles" marker on a trail or area to indicate where it is legal and where it is not. My goal is to find a area where I can do all the above training outside and that it be isolated for saftey. The indoor ranges in my area do not allow such training as it caters to recreational shooting and same thing goes for public outdoor ranges. The only options I have not tried yet is making contact with a farmer/land owner and getting their permission but that would conflict with the night fires as most people are not understanding of a extended period of fire going on at 2am.

Luke

Most land in Kansas is private and really no BLM or state stuff you can just go blast on. Obvi there is tons of open land here. Its just about WHO you know. Poke around your local gun shops and make friends with the locals.