Ferro Concepts Slickster or Velocity LWPC?

Citpitch

I've got a slickster that I run for low viz assignments. My regular kit is a JPC 2.0.

I run an SKD PIG Brig 3 mag chest rig without the harness so that I can "plus up" during motorcade movements or while in the vehicle. I can then detach it and put it in my low viz rifle bag for foot movements in urban environments and remain discreet. (Anyone who has half a brain will still notice I look larger than I should, even with larger shirts, but the average earth person who is oblivious doesn't notice)

The big plus for me is the elastic side cummerbund. I typically run two rifle mags plus one bang on my non shooting side, plus my radio with surveillance kit and a smoke on my shooting side. This plus two pistol mags and an additional rifle mag on my belt in addition to the one in rifle gives me pretty good capability for low viz stuff.

No personal use the VS LWPC, so I'll reserve comment.

Tactical22

Citpitch, what plates are you running in the Slickster? How happy are you with how they conceal? Any other takeaways on concealment plates for that system?

Citpitch

Citpitch, what plates are you running in the Slickster? How happy are you with how they conceal? Any other takeaways on concealment plates for that system?

We are issued Speed Plate Plus...overall I'm quite happy with them. The half inch thickness is sufficient as long as you dress appropriately. Nothing special to add regarding the slickster, it does what it's supposed to do.

Ewok Steve

I'm running a Slickster. Most days it's with IIIA backers, but I plus up in some situations. I really like how low profile it is with backers & plates. The elastic cummerbund is the tits. One of the better pieces of kit I use.

krax

I've used both and they're both very good. I prefer the Slickster.

The LWPC is better for predominantly overt use and occasional lo-pro use. The Slickster conceals better, but is still robust enough to wear as an outer layer.

I have been using a Slickster for the last few months on the range and as my plate carrier for patrol duty/ patrol rifle deployments as an LEO. I use a Spiritus Systems Micro Fight Rig attached to the front. The way I have it set up right now is for 3 AR mags, 2 pistol mags and a half of the front pouch for medical supplies. The magazine pouches on the cummerbund are a really nice touch also. In the front most pouches on either side I carry an extra TQ which is accessible from either hand. I will be running this PC in two rifle classes in the next few months. It is very comfortable and very modular. The Micro Fight Rig can be removed and it is very low profile. The Slickster does take a little longer to get into compared to my previous work rig (Greyghost Minimalist PC), but it still isn’t bad. I will be adding a Spiritus System's SACK to the rig in the near future for additional medical supply storage.

I have no experience with the other PC that you mentioned.