Eye pro

Rabbit

Specifically eye pro that works well in humid weather while wearing a ballistic helmet with comms/ear pro.

I've been using my Oakley flak jacket xljs and seriously need an upgrade due to fogging problems. I've been looking at the Oakley tombstone, ESS crossbow, and the Smith aegis ii compact.

Since i can't just buy all 3 and see what works, does anyone run in this configuration in hot humid weather with any of these, and what has your experience been?

Rabbit

Found the Smiths for $56 on govx. Was willing to give it a shot at that price. For 90 dollar range though i hate buying blind.

JHaddock07

Amateur
I know Bill Blowers has talked about it a few times but you may also want to look at an anti-fog lens coating called "cat crap". May be worth a look as well!

TXLEO

I have been very happy with my Oakley M frame Alphas when combined with Cat Crap. Minimal frame so good airflow. Thin temples for use with earpro. And if I need to use a google the Alpha lenses can go in the google or frame. Weather is Central TX. We got hot and humid in the summer, not quite Houston humid but close

Default.mp3

Established
Found the Smiths for $56 on govx. Was willing to give it a shot at that price. For 90 dollar range though i hate buying blind.
They can be found for slightly cheaper if you go through Experticity.

I've used Oakley M Frame 3.0s with a fire helmet, doing salvage and overhaul, so high humidity due to all the water being put down (plus, it's Houston), and not have had any fogging issues.

Matt0311

Any opinions on the best prescription eye protection? I have prescription Oakley's but they're not ballistic rated.

Rabbit

They can be found for slightly cheaper if you go through Experticity.

I've used Oakley M Frame 3.0s with a fire helmet, doing salvage and overhaul, so high humidity due to all the water being put down (plus, it's Houston), and not have had any fogging issues.

Dammit i already paid. My military account on experticity expired and I just yesterday submitted my le credentials

Rabbit

I had forgot all about cat crap. Used to use it in highschool on my snowboarding goggles to stop fogging, and that was 15 years ago. Got another thing of it, and it's a miracle substance. Still keeping the Smiths as ballistic eyewear and relegating my Oakleys back to EDC sunglasses.