Experience with Bul Armory 9mm 1911

Hodgie

G'day,

I'm looking at adding a 9mm 1911 to the safe in the new year, and apart from Springfield Armory, Bul seems to be reasonably available through a few dealers here in Australia. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Cheers!

TCB

Amateur
I’ve shot with one of their sponsored shooters at a couple USPSA matches. He is a GM and claimed that the pistol he was using (9mm 1911) was a bone stock one (I have no reason to not believe him). I didn’t see him have any problems with his and it didn’t hold him back performance wise at all even being a fairly reasonably priced 1911 (at his level most guys are using full house customs). I put a couple rounds through a few of their other guns at the match (they had a table) and they seemed like a good value for money when looking at the features.

I went to a Tony Cowden class a few years ago and he had a Bul 1911 he was very happy with and he planned to buy more. To some he may be a controversial figure; but he did use 1911’s in the military and he does shoot quite a bit. Bul seems to be a good value, competing with brands much more expensive.