Experience with a T2 for offset

jwr_patriot

Amateur
I don’t need any info on mounts, I know where I am going with that. I can’t seem to find much if any info on the inter webs about running a T2 sized optic on an offset mount as secondary to a scope. It’s clear that the mrds has become the norm for that, but I wondered if anyone had thoughts to share about running a T2 sized red dot on an offset.

Thanks in advance.

user12358

What information are you looking for? All of the nuance really comes from how and where the dot is mounted and what optic/mount best fits what you are using it for (Passive NVG use with an LPVO, a short range alternative with higher power scope, using it to be faster when used in conjunction with a LPVO that is left at the higher ends of the magnification range, etc).

As far as general thoughts about T-2 in offsets, it is still a fairly set it and forget it optic, it adds 5ish ounces to the gun, and is much more pleasant to shoot up close than a 5x HORUS type reticle in a scope.

jwr_patriot

Amateur
What information are you looking for? All of the nuance really comes from how and where the dot is mounted and what optic/mount best fits what you are using it for (Passive NVG use with an LPVO, a short range alternative with higher power scope, using it to be faster when used in conjunction with a LPVO that is left at the higher ends of the magnification range, etc).

As far as general thoughts about T-2 in offsets, it is still a fairly set it and forget it optic, it adds 5ish ounces to the gun, and is much more pleasant to shoot up close than a 5x HORUS type reticle in a scope.

My plan is to buy a primary arms 1-6 or 1-8 and an arisaka t2 offset mount. I will put the holosun I currently have on the rifle on that offset mount. I don’t have any particular purposes in mind - just general backup sight and using what I have to get additional knowledge and training.

user12358

My plan is to buy a primary arms 1-6 or 1-8 and an arisaka t2 offset mount. I will put the holosun I currently have on the rifle on that offset mount. I don’t have any particular purposes in mind - just general backup sight and using what I have to get additional knowledge and training.

Sounds like a pretty good plan for learning and the Arisaka is modular enough that you can change as you develop preferences. The only other main avenue would be mounting optics off of the tube rather than off the rifle which has the disadvantage of not playing well with closed emitters in most cases and the advantages of being traditionally higher for a 2.33"-esqe height on the dot and allowing a completely ambi setup when mounted on the 12 o'clock.