Evolution Weapons Systems Bufferless Bolt Carrier Group?

Arioch

Amateur

Heard about this recently, anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Seems like an interesting concept, not really willing to drop the money on it to experiment first hand.

AZ_Rifleman

Amateur
I'm waiting to see if anything actually ships alongside actual field reports before I commit to purchasing one for myself. I've known abut them for months and have an eye out as it does look promising actually.

Default.mp3

Established
Would rather wait for the Law Tactical ARIC, assuming that ever comes out and works as advertised. It allegedly doesn't need as fine tuned a system as the EWS seems to be asking for, plus it has the basic ability to close the dust cover. Though honestly, I would rather just get an MCX if I really wanted the AR manual of arms and still have folding capabilities.

Arioch

Amateur
Would rather wait for the Law Tactical ARIC, assuming that ever comes out and works as advertised. It allegedly doesn't need as fine tuned a system as the EWS seems to be asking for, plus it has the basic ability to close the dust cover. Though honestly, I would rather just get an MCX if I really wanted the AR manual of arms and still have folding capabilities.
So if I recall correctly (the server this convo happened on has since been cryptographically yeeted), the main reason the guy I was talking to about this was interested in it for the weight savings it offered. He's a massive gamer so he doesn't mind fiddling with his gas settings to get it to run right if there's enough of an advantage for him.

Being left handed if a carbine with a folding stock was a hard requirement I'd probably just go with an AK

Default.mp3

Established
So if I recall correctly (the server this convo happened on has since been cryptographically yeeted), the main reason the guy I was talking to about this was interested in it for the weight savings it offered. He's a massive gamer so he doesn't mind fiddling with his gas settings to get it to run right if there's enough of an advantage for him.

Being left handed if a carbine with a folding stock was a hard requirement I'd probably just go with an AK
What is the gaming advantage of a folding stock? Or is this specifically for easier transportation?