Episode Ideas?

It’ll come down to KAC or Hodge lol
BCM, Colt, FN and SOLGW will make
Honorable mentions
I have no doubt that the manufacturers you mentioned would dominate the conversation. My idea was to give the viewers and listeners an idea of what gear drives the various missions of the ModCast Panel; how do the mods prefer so set up their individual primary and secondary weapons and their support gear. Essentially, a show and tell of how the Mods set up their guns and why.

I would like to learn and hear thoughts and information on gun safes. I know there is a lot of bad information out there. It is not a fun topic but it is important to protect our investments.

McQueen

Network Support I
I'd like to see a modcast that deals with the prevention, mitigation of, and training through the musculoskeletal stresses associated with wearing kit for extended periods of time.

Also, but separately, wheel guns and similar obsolescent firearms that might still be applicable in ban/restricted states.

Can we have a commie weapons episode with people who actually served in the Soviet/Former Combloc militaries.

Im sure its a totally different perspective from guys who actually used the new stuff as intended instead of here with rebuilds and guys as advisers overseas with surplus hand me downs given to people in the middle east etc

It’ll come down to KAC or Hodge lol
BCM, Colt, FN and SOLGW will make
Honorable mentions
I have no doubt that the manufacturers you mentioned would dominate the conversation. My idea was to give the viewers and listeners an idea of what gear drives the various missions of the ModCast Panel; how do the mods prefer so set up their individual primary and secondary weapons and their support gear. Essentially, a show and tell of how the Mods set up their guns and why.
^^^ this. I always thought a "show and tell" would be cool. Have each guy walk through his duty rifle, secondary, ammo selection, plate carrier, belt, holster, and discuss mission parameters dictating choice. This could be the ash hess "driveway special" episode showing each mods minuteman rig.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If episode 139 was “Improving the AR15” then you should do a sequel titled “replacing the AR15”.
Go ALL the way down the rabbit hole (can you really replace the AR and keep the platform 5.56 or do you need to have a new round too?).

Talk about failed attempts to replace the AR (bring in Karl and Ian for this) like the SPIW (1950s), ACR (1980s), OCIW (1990s), Individual Carbine (2000s), and ICSR (2017). Maybe mention about the current NGSAW/NGSAR program but really tail it towards what you guys think (especially bc of all the NDAs and stuff involving the current program it probably wouldn’t give you a bunch to talk about.)

Panelist ideas:
Matt, Ian, Karl, Chuck P, Mike Lewis, Ash, Jordan, Adam Pini, Roger Wang, Chad, Tom, Mike from SOLGW, Jim Hodge, and Cy Hudson perhaps?

Obviously I’ve put some thought into this...

fellfox

Network Support I
I remember an older sitrep discussing physical fitness, maybe we can get an updated version. It would be cool to hear about the evolution of training from the old school to now. That could also include how people are training now and ideas that are worthwhile could be disseminated. One last topic I had in mind would be how to make fitness a part of a current work culture. Specifically regarding jobs where there is no yearly pt test or minimum standard to be met.

I think a Q&A with Chuck and Blowers would be really cool. I always enjoy what they both contribute to the Modcast. The humor and the wide knowledge base between the two of them... Would be a great listen.

Aside from that, if the AR-15 is going to be revisited in a Gun Nerds segment, perhaps a modcast focusing on AR's manufactured from other Countries outside the US or for foreign governments: Colt Canada, HK, LMT NZ16, ect....

ggammell

i was listening to Modcast 36(?) and there was talk of a Modcast about dogs but I don’t remember there being one. A K9 modcast would be pretty interesting. From working to service dogs.

During episode QA/QC in the AK world you mentioned Neebs Gaming. You might want to consider doing a cross event with forgotten weapons, inrangetv, and c&rsenal about prototype/speculative World War 2 weapons. Battlefield V is coming out in the fall and based on the trailer it seems to be a going down a fantasy steampunk-like game. EA will probably continue the Battlefield 1 trend of showcasing prototype World War 1 weapons. Neebs Gaming might be hesitant getting involved in the current political debate but they might be receptive to a historically based show that gives them speculative content for a upcoming blockbuster game. I will also note that Neebs Gaming is in North Carolina and C&R is in South Carolina.