Eotech AA or CR123?

Here is a question for all of the gear nerds out there. Need help deciding on an Eotech 518 or EXPS 2. Do the AA optics still have a problem with battery contacts? Only reason I ask, I run a Trijicon VCOG on my other rifle, trying to keep optics on the same battery. If that even really matters...

ggammell

Does not pass up an opportunity to criticize P&S.
EXPS. The cross axis battery design is an enhancement over the in line style. That being said, most of our 512s haven’t had problems. Also consider size. An AA Eotech is a rail space hog.

Agreed. The platform I'm lookin at isn't short on rail space which is a luxury. Still waiting for that MDR to show up... Thanks for the reply.

Wake27

XPS/EXPS all the way. It is a superior design, I believe the only reason the AAs are still around are because they offer increased battery life. Not worth the trade IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XPS/EXPS all the way. It is a superior design, I believe the only reason the AAs are still around are because they offer increased battery life. Not worth the trade IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input. Makes sense have the battery broadside, no contact springs to wear out.