Elzetta Bravo AVS as WML?

DavisJ

I'm configuring a middy and am thinking about adding an Elzetta Bravo AVS with the 650 lumen head as my WML. I have an Alpha that I pocket carry and have been happy with it. As a frame of reference I have several P2X Furys and X300Us as WMLs on other guns. I've taken these to Pat Mac's low light classes and they've performed as expected. I've been happy with the SureFires so no specific reason to change other than to try something new. Use will be as a home defense platform as I'm not an LEO or MIL.

Any reason not to try the Bravo and stay with the Fury? Thanks!

5150Magnet

Amateur
I'm neither MIL or LE so strictly speaking from experience from using both lights from my experience it seems the Elzetta's beam is more diffused or softer than the Fury's. I'm not comparing the lumen output between each, but rather the Fury seems to have a more defined corona than the Bravo. In other words the light seems to be distributed evenly with the Bravo, but as a result it seems to have less throw than the Fury. I wish I had a good camera to have a side-by-side comparison. If you're happy with the beam of the Fury I'd say stick with that. Both lights in my opinion are great, but it just depends which beam pattern would work better for you at your place.