Eidolon Set Ups

weaver1032

I was in on the Eidolon pre-order months ago. I really wanted to love the holster, however, after dicking with it for over 3 weeks, I gave up on it as I just couldn't get it set up right. This was before the rubber loops were available as an option. I'm curious to try the Eidolon again now that the rubber loops are available as an option.

Currently (and for over 2 years) I've been using a Blade-Tech Eclipse carried IWB with rubber loops and their IWB kit on it. I'm very happy with this holster. Prior to that, I carried a DeSantis Scorpion IWB for about 6 years. I carry a Glock 26 or 19 daily off duty in these holsters and carry on or slightly behind my right hip. I will NOT be moving to AIWB so this carry position will stay. I've found that having the belt loops more widely spaced makes a more stable, concealable, and effective holster for me in that position.

I'd like to see how others have their Eidolons set up for hip carry. Specifically which mixture of parts and how. Pics would be ideal or descriptions would work too.

back spin

Amateur
One thing to be careful with hip carry with the eidolon is drawing while seated. If you draw the gun at the wrong angle, the eidolon has pegs at the mouth of the holster that will hook into the ejection port, keeping the gun in the holster. Raven will exchange for a modified version with some of the pegs removed. I personally just used a dremel to grind away the material until it didn't catch anymore (might void the warranty!)

When I did hip carry with the eidolon I used the 8hole strut to mount a clip behind the holster body and mounted a clip on the front portion of the holster body. Took a while to figure out the best cant/ride height from there.

TomF

I personally just used a dremel to grind away the material until it didn't catch anymore (might void the warranty!)

Nah. Unconditional lifetime guarantee means just that. As long as it wasn't intentionally destroyed, it's covered.

My personal set up for the Eidolon (AIWB) is one soft loop below the trigger guard (ala VG2), claw, no wedge. I'm a long time (the longest, actually) VG2 user, so that is what I am comfortable with.

For hip carry, I like dual soft loops, no wedge, no claw. I use a fairly aggressive forward cant for IWB holsters behind my hip.

voodoo_man

Established
HUR6zU5.jpg

I carry the Eidolon (g19) with one clip now.

I tried it with two clips, two clips and the wedge, two clips, wedge, the claw thing, one clip w/ a wedge, one clip with the claw thing and eventually just went to the simple setup of the single clip. It moves a big because the clips aren't exactly super sturdy, but it works.