Effect of Training Questions

N

nate89

I was asked to move this to the forum. Opinions are appreciated.
From FB:
"I have a question that I think this group is the best place to ask. First a little background. This may be a little long, but I would very much appreciate honest and frank feedback. If my questions are totally off base and I am going in the wrong direction, let me know.

I am doing a presentation and paper on a subject of my choosing. This paper will most likely be the foundation of my thesis which I will continue working on for the next year or so. I will be addressing the subject of the role of training in police work. From your experience, how vital is training (specifically firearms and use-of-force training) for police officers? How does training, or the lack of it, effect an officer's ability to respond to violence or the threat of violence? Are there people who are predisposed to deal with stressful situations, or can it be taught/learned? I obviously have my own opinions and hypothesis, but I would like some feedback from professionals who deal with this on a regular basis. Once again thanks for the patience in reading, and taking the time to respond."

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Those of you that have access to the Restricted LE Area - we can move this topic to the restricted forum and grant Nate temporary access if that is reasonable.

Honestly I'd rather not violate the Restricted LE area. Any chance we could get a subforum of the Restricted area, that we can use for situations like this, where an honest input is requested but we don't want full access granted?

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Phil, we can do that - the issue is adding everyone. Do you see an issue with this staying here?