Easy On/Easy Off Compensators.

Maynard

Amateur
I have a P-10F that is my USPSA CO pistol. Carry Optics doesn't allow comps but the smaller local matches do.

There's two compensators that I know of that are fairly easy to take on and off from what I can gather. Those would be the Cyanide Designs Rook and the CGS Qube.

Are there any other options that should be considered?

Default.mp3

Established
The Rook looks like it attaches the same way as the Zev Pro Comp V2. The CGS Qube looks like it attaches similarly to the Tyrant Designs CNC Uni-Comp.

You could always just say "fuck it" and run in open, which is what I do.

Maynard

Amateur
The Rook looks like it attaches the same way as the Zev Pro Comp V2. The CGS Qube looks like it attaches similarly to the Tyrant Designs CNC Uni-Comp.

You could always just say "fuck it" and run in open, which is what I do.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I may just go the fuck it route.

Stanislao

A sort of middle ground would be the Griffin Micro Carry Comp. By all accounts the least effective compensator on the market, but also the easiest on and off. It is a glorified thread protector, just screw it on and off as needed. Downside is that it doesn't particularly control the direction of gasses, resulting in something closer to a muzzle brake than a compensator.

Hopefully USPSA will develop some sort of Roland Special division eventually, but at least we get weapon lights in carry optics as of the 2021 rules.

Attachments

• GriffinMicroCarry.jpg
    GriffinMicroCarry.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 9

Maynard

Amateur
A sort of middle ground would be the Griffin Micro Carry Comp. By all accounts the least effective compensator on the market, but also the easiest on and off. It is a glorified thread protector, just screw it on and off as needed. Downside is that it doesn't particularly control the direction of gasses, resulting in something closer to a muzzle brake than a compensator.

Hopefully USPSA will develop some sort of Roland Special division eventually, but at least we get weapon lights in carry optics as of the 2021 rules.

I have a Suarez comp on it now. It's a single port and is also essentially a thread protector. I considered the Griffin, the price isn't bad, the single port on the Suarez seemed to adhere to the purpose of the comp a little better.

The Cyanide Design Rook is on the way, really looking forward to trying it out.

Maynard

Amateur
It looks ridiculous and I love it. Easy enough on but obviously there's a large gap. Jury is still out on how or even whether to deal with the gap. I have an appointment with a local kydex bender to see if we can come up with a holster. It shoots really well regardless of how it looks and functions without issue on the stock recoil spring, so far. 250 rounds through it over the weekend and if I can get a holster made for it by next weekend, I plan on shooting it in a red dot class.

If comped pistols are wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I have a Mini Rook and it's super easy on/off. I don't like set screws that dig into the barrel threads, so I'm a big fan of the Rook design (not sure if Cyanide Design copied Zev or the other way around, but I don't really care either)

Maynard

Amateur
Attended the Sentinel Concepts class in Alliance Ohio on Sunday and was happy with the overall performance. I ordered a Primary Machine match barrel last week and it arrived today. The Rook comp came off easy enough and the gap is much less with the PM barrel. Back t the range to see how it shoots.