Duty holster for Sig P320

WindyCity

Amateur
Can any LEOs that carry the P320 suggest a good duty holster, level 2 retention is the minimum by department standards. I'm currently using the safariland 6360 and I want something different. Not a fan of how the retention works. Also, I haven't seen this myself but my department instructors have said to steer clear of Blackhawk because of holsters breaking at the mount when yanked on by bad guys.

Sig P320 full size with TLR-1HL

sreidy

Amateur
What don't you like about the 6360 retention, is it just two much shit going on? I run a Safariland 7395, they're newer style 7Ts ALS only holster. I use an added ALS guard to make it level 2 per department policy but I pretty much always leave it down unless I'm expecting a hands on tussle.

WindyCity

Amateur
What don't you like about the 6360 retention, is it just two much shit going on? I run a Safariland 7395, they're newer style 7Ts ALS only holster. I use an added ALS guard to make it level 2 per department policy but I pretty much always leave it down unless I'm expecting a hands on tussle.

Yes, in my opinion it is a lot going on. Not so much that it's impossible to overcome with training, but after weeks of practicing dry fire and drawing from the holster, it just seems cumbersome and unnatural. It's difficult for me to consistently release the ALS fully enough for it to release the gun. To make it a smooth draw I have to slow down so much that it becomes inefficient. The bladetech duty holsters seem more appealing because their level 2 has a single lever that automatically releases the hood.

Kamp

The WRS system by Blade-Tech has has failures in opening with some folks.

I have one on a drop leg that I use occasionally. I only use it in training. Ive had multiple instances when trying to draw the hood doesnt get released as the release seems to flex and not release the hood. Not sure if this description nakes sense but essentially it kept me from wanting to run the WRS on the street

Have you looked at the 6004 without the ALS?

Lenwood makes duty holsters with the WRS system or the SLS system. They use a stiffer kydex so that might fix the release issue. Ive used their other products and they are well made. I hace not had one of their duty holsters yet though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WindyCity

Amateur
So after some more weeks of training on the range and dry fire at home, I do feel more confident with the 6360. Still feels like the TLR-1 hangs up or slows down the draw sometimes. Any thoughts on the blackhawk level 3 duty holsters? I think I would prefer the ease of use, but they don't seem to make them for the P320 yet.

SCSU74

So after some more weeks of training on the range and dry fire at home, I do feel more confident with the 6360. Still feels like the TLR-1 hangs up or slows down the draw sometimes. Any thoughts on the blackhawk level 3 duty holsters? I think I would prefer the ease of use, but they don't seem to make them for the P320 yet.

Might be worth calling Safariland to make sure you have the updated model. I had one of the early release 6360's and had issues with the light fitting. Called them and was told they had already made an updated mold for the TLR. They exchanged at no cost. Blackhawk's have a number of issues, worth looking into.

Spencer

While you indicate that you are getting more comfortable with the ALS, you might also check out the Oregon Trail Defense "Nub Mod" for the ALS button. It is a drop-in piece that features what is described as a more ergonomic angle, as well as a wider body to help ensure activation.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/07/21/oregon-trail-defense-nub-mod-for-safariland-als-holsters/

If you really don't like the ALS, you could consider the Safariland 6280, which is an SLS only variant of the holster. They differentiate between the TLR and the TLR HL, so the recommendation from SCSU74 to check with Safariland about your particular holster's binding issue seems like a good idea as well.

Good luck.

WindyCity

Amateur
Update on this issue: I installed Trijicon HD XR sights on the P320 and the holster was completely incompatible. The sights are slightly taller than the stock siglites so they were catching the ALS every time I tried to draw. I switched back to siglites for now but the 6360 is still giving me issues. I thought I could train past it but the gun or light is still snagging to the point it's unsafe and I have to muscle and torque the gun to draw. At this point I'm convinced it's a product design issue and I'm trying to see if safariland will do anything to solve this.

WindyCity

Amateur
Might be worth calling Safariland to make sure you have the updated model. I had one of the early release 6360's and had issues with the light fitting. Called them and was told they had already made an updated mold for the TLR. They exchanged at no cost. Blackhawk's have a number of issues, worth looking into.

I will call safariland, but is there a way to tell if the model is the pre-update version by looking at it/serial #?

SCSU74

I will call safariland, but is there a way to tell if the model is the pre-update version by looking at it/serial #?

Not sure? I just called and told them the problems I was having, they offered to send the updated one and I had zero issues with the one they sent. I know some guys were just using a heat gun to modify them. So that's an option as well