Dovetail Sights on Ruger Revolvers

Lutz501

Amateur
Howdy guys,

I recently had the opportunity to shoot a buddy's Kimber K6. While I really like my LCRs and my favorite pocket gun is an LCR in .22, I found that the semi-auto style dovetailed sights on the Kimber were an absolute game changer. I really like the triggers on the LCR, however, and have also very much enjoyed switching all my revolvers to .22 and 9mm to make my ammo logistics easier. Thus, I began looking all over, either for an LCR that came standard with dovetail sights or someone who had found a way to add them aftermarket. This search came back completely negative unfortunately.

I understand some of the difficulty of adding an appropriate height frontsight on an LCR in a dovetail, however they make extra tall pin in place front sights already. I did find that there is a TALO collectors version of the sp101 that comes with Novak sights, however, it's not an LCR and it is only available in .357.

So my burning question: Why don't so many more revolvers come with dovetailed sights and why don't more gunsmiths offer that service??

Would anyone happen to know any gunsmiths who are capable and willing to add that feature to this common platform? Alternatively, are there any platforms out there that I haven't found that offer .22 or 9mm in a snubby size with dovetailed sights? I would think the pocket gun market would benefit massively from that simple change.

Reactions: MOT

MOT

I’m also interested in better sights for my snubbies. Both 22 and 38. It appears that D&L sports can do up a j frame.