Does Staccato Plan on Aimpoint ACRO DPO Plate?

MisterMoad

I know there's an aftermarket plate available for the ACRO, but I prefer the stock iron sight height and the heft of the Dawson plates.

Does Staccato plan on introducing a plate for the ACRO?

I have a shit ton of CR1225 batteries layin around and would hate to see those go to waste.

Thanks

+1 on the interest, though I probably wouldn’t consider it for use unless Safariland level 3s are compatible (my understsnding is they aren’t currently).

Cgarcia

In a word, yes.
I asked one of the gents at Staccato last year and they confirmed it was still undergoing development. I believe there is at least 1 picture on their IG with an ACRO mounted to one of their duty blasters.

bates

I think the best attachment method would be to buy a non-duo staccato and have it milled for a chambers plate.

these plates sit lower and have 4 screws to hold them down. even by the time you purchase the plate and have your pistol milled its basically the same price as duo model and have a much more solid mounting solution, a win win in my book.

I think both acro and 590 plates are in production for a closed emitter rds option

I personally had a bad experience with not one but 2 of the acro plates for a staccato that you can find for purchase.

I just don't see personally how 1 screw is going to keep that plate from moving long term.

chambers is a much better solution that or just run a delta point pro direct to the slide.

just my experience

MisterMoad

I think the best attachment method would be to buy a non-duo staccato and have it milled for a chambers plate.

these plates sit lower and have 4 screws to hold them down. even by the time you purchase the plate and have your pistol milled its basically the same price as duo model and have a much more solid mounting solution, a win win in my book.

I think both acro and 590 plates are in production for a closed emitter rds option

I personally had a bad experience with not one but 2 of the acro plates for a staccato that you can find for purchase.

I just don't see personally how 1 screw is going to keep that plate from moving long term.

chambers is a much better solution that or just run a delta point pro direct to the slide.

just my experience

I already own an XC so the Chambers Cut is off the table for me.
The plates for the DPO are secured with two hard index points and two screws, maybe not as tough as Chambers, but I don't see two screws and two index points being a problem either.

The DPP is a fine optic but that doesn't address my desire to run the ACRO or my stockpile of CR1225 batteries.

bates

got ya, my reference to the single screw was in regards to the other plate on the market for an Aco and Staccato, it attaches with a single screw in the rear position and used the 2 small tabs up front.

MisterMoad

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
It's definitely seems less than ideal, but again, I don't have any hands on with the aftermarket mount.

SCSU74

In case you didn't see this.

That's awesome! I saw the 509 plate on STI's website, good to know the ACRO is also available as well. The Dawson plates are much higher quality than the CH in my use/experience.

This may need to go somewhere else, but do we know if holsters for the Staccato P, like the safariland or blackhawk t series will fit a gun with an Acro?