does our choice in apparel give away our advantage?

Gray man. Always.

Be the most peaceable, agreeable, and average guy around. Don’t run your mouth. Be easily overlooked. Don’t let anything say “I’ve got a gun”

Also be the most deadly guy in the room.

Sunshine_Shooter

Network Support I
I absolutely agree. I can spot people all day who are likely carrying or at least own firearms; it’s typically written all over them whether it be their clothing choices and their vehicles or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can rarely 'make' a fellow CCW-er in public, but when I can it's because they're wearing cargo pants. If you wear cargos in public, pair it with a Star wars/video game/generic nerd t-shirt so it looks like you are carrying a Nintendo Switch instead of a gun.

I absolutely agree. I can spot people all day who are likely carrying or at least own firearms; it’s typically written all over them whether it be their clothing choices and their vehicles or both.

I can rarely 'make' a fellow CCW-er in public, but when I can it's because they're wearing cargo pants. If you wear cargos in public, pair it with a Star wars/video game/generic nerd t-shirt so it looks like you are carrying a Nintendo Switch instead of a gun.
I can’t usually find the gun but when I see someone wearing cargo pants or hiking pants, hiking boots and an American flag hat or some freedom/guns/vet related hat/shirt etc I think gun. No normal person dresses like that. Also when they roll up in a lifted jeep or truck covered in thin red or blue like, Nine line, industry and moaning labia stickers that’s a dead giveaway.

I’ve never had issues dressing normal and carrying a gun... and if people take 17 seconds to shop around they’ll see that normal looking, even stylish clothing can be found that’s comfortable, functional and seasonally appropriate.

Short answer to the original question, I believe so.

I can’t usually find the gun but when I see someone wearing cargo pants or hiking pants, hiking boots and an American flag hat or some freedom/guns/vet related hat/shirt etc I think gun. No normal person dresses like that. Also when they roll up in a lifted jeep or truck covered in thin red or blue like, Nine line, industry and moaning labia stickers that’s a dead giveaway.

I’ve never had issues dressing normal and carrying a gun... and if people take 17 seconds to shop around they’ll see that normal looking, even stylish clothing can be found that’s comfortable, functional and seasonally appropriate.

I'll admit to being guilty of this one early on. Back in my younger/more slovenly days I pretty much lived in cargo pants, polo shirts, and boots of some sort. In the year I lived at the condo I lived in right after college, I was asked 2-3 times if I was a police officer. I was just an overweight, just out of school engineer who wore cargo pants, ball caps, and dark polo shirts constantly.

Fast forward a few years and lot more common sense, I'm 70# lighter and have a wife that wants me to have a little fashion sense and, funny enough, nobody asks that question anymore. Much like you said, it doesn't take too much to dress to match your environment and still carry. I do see a Phlster Flex in my future to help carry with a tucked in shirt.

Car wise, I've never had too many issues with my "vehicle" making me, just a plain jane old person's Crown Victoria (which was a pretty common "viejo" car in Florida) and, now, a silver Explorer Limited which is probably in the top 5 of Soccer Mom mobiles down here (sidebar: my current record is 4 silver 2011+ Explorers at a stoplight, can't get much grayer than that without getting a black Tahoe down here).

MojoNixon

"No normal person dresses like that."
Not that anyone in Northern Nevada is "Normal" but that's pretty standard here.

"No normal person dresses like that."
Not that anyone in Northern Nevada is "Normal" but that's pretty standard here.
Yup, outside DFW that's pretty normal. But a great portion of the population is packing anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk