Deep Concealment Options for NPE

I searched the forum and Facebook pages to no avail.

I spend 40+ hours a week in an NPE. Currently I stay disarmed (against better judgement) but have finally decided to start carrying. However I sort of have a unique problem, as any form of waistband carry is totally out. I have to wear a uniform consisting of a t-shirt and pants. I spend all day constantly bending, twisting, laying under stuff, climbing on things, etc, in front of several other people. My shirt never stays over my belt. I've been leaning towards ankle carry, but I've read it doesn't lend itself well with tall boots, which I'm also required to wear.

So my question is, has anyone else had experience with ankle carry and slip on work boots? Is there any other options for carry I'm missing?

Unity-Trent

Amateur
Vendor
I can't remember the name of the company, but someone makes a more refined version of thunder wear. It has some retention.

That or the concealed carry spanx type underwear. But you would need some that let you carry below the belt line.

weaver1032

Pocket carry is my go to in NPE carry. Having said that, I very rarely encounter an NPE for a number of reasons, mainly because LE is exempt from "no gun" signs areas in WI. Raven Concealment pocket holster is great, IMO. I can, however, definitely see where a wallet type pocket holster may be beneficial to better break up any printing.

Longeye

Established
Belly bands are an option,but maybe not a good one given your activity level. It has to be pretty NPE before I go that direction.

Have you considered one of the holster undershirts that 5.11 and others make? They work best with light, very flat guns like the M*P Shield.

Default.mp3

Established

azerious

I can't remember the name of the company, but someone makes a more refined version of thunder wear. It has some retention.

That or the concealed carry spanx type underwear. But you would need some that let you carry below the belt line.

Smartcarry. I've had one for 9+ years, limited role, but it has paid for itself.

Arete

Pocket carry may or may not work for you. I'm gonna recommend against it. Pocket opening can bulge out and people can see inside the pocket a limited ways, and the gun can fall out of the pocket/pocket holster if you are on your back, crawling etc. Better option is a very small gun (.25, .32) in a deep concealment type holster (thunderwear) that holds the gun above and to the side of your junk. And definitely a gentlemen's type pocketknife or a box cutter.

MrMurphy

Pretty much what they've said.

I've used a Kangaroo holster (basically a shoulder holster under your shirt) in NPE type enviroments before, but I was not doing anything particularly active. A tucked in polo hides a P9/Shield/G43/642 size gun just fine. In your situation an LCP in a Smartcarry would be my recommendation if pocket carry didn't work for you.

What are peoples thoughts on a clip on holster for wear with gym shorts? Something light weight to wear around the house with a g43.

Darkstar Gear makes a really nice clip on holster for the 43. Clip is well designed and will not come off unless you want it too.

JM Custom Kydex and Keepers concealment do also but I don't have experience with their clip on holsters. From what I have gathered they are well designed though. IIRC Southnarc likes the Keepers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk