Dawson precision vs vickers elite battlesight

JPitts0117

I’m looking for new sights for a couple of my handguns( 1 M&p and 1 g26) to begin with. I do have a set of vickers sights for a Glock that I haven’t got installed yet. I know sight preference is subjective but any help would be greatly appreciated especially if you have experience with both sets of sights.

spinmove_

I have 4 different sets of Dawson sights. 1 set of FO front/adjustable rear on a G17, 2 Charger FO front/black rears on a pair of G19.4s, and a set of Competition FO front/black rear on a P-07. I’ve never used the Vicker’s Battlesights, but have looked at a pair that were installed on a G17.

I prefer square notches, fiber fronts, and blacked out rears. Green fiber preferably. Battlesights don’t have that. Dawson does. That’s why I get Dawson sights. I’m sure the Vickers sights are fine, just not my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPitts0117

I will be installing Dawson chargers blacked out front red f/o front if I go with Dawson’s. I’ve got a set of Frank Proctor way of the gun sights on the way as well to try out. I’m currently running ameriglo uc fights on the 19 I carry for edc/ backup and on my 23 I’m currently using for a duty weapon. My 17 and 26 both currently have Trijicon HD’s installed. I can shoot either u notch and square notch equally well

JPitts0117

I guess I’m questioning the quality of the sights, CS, and people’s personal experience with these brands of sights. Accuracy potential such things. I know accuracy is also a subjective thing but some sights loan themselves better to accuracy than some designs

spinmove_

I guess I’m questioning the quality of the sights, CS, and people’s personal experience with these brands of sights. Accuracy potential such things. I know accuracy is also a subjective thing but some sights loan themselves better to accuracy than some designs

Accuracy is in the shooter, not the sights. The sights are just a reference.

I’ve had great CS from Dawson Precision and I can’t recommend them enough. I’ve never personally dealt with Wilson Combat, but I hear they’re not half bad either. Both companies make a quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPitts0117

Thank you for the response sir. I know accuracy is subjective per each shooter,my point in the accuracy statement was that I know some designs loan themselves better to accuracy than others do kinda like a Trijicon hd vs a xs big dot. That’s kind of an apples to oranges example but I think it may illustrate my point of one sight being more apt to allow for accurate shots than others by design

csbi-1

One thing I really like about the Dawson fiber optic fronts is that they counterbore the blade so the fiber is recessed a bit inside the blade. Makes the front sight picture nice and crisp rather than having a big melted blob of fiber. I used to love the Trijicon HDs, but for whatever reason I find it is easier to shoot accurately with a smaller front sight dot. The Dawson fibers really help me in this regard.

JLL2013

Dawsons all the way. Extremely crisp, great fiber optic quality and size also. I don't hate Vickers sights but I hate sights that don't shoot POA/POI. I can't get Vickers sights in different front sight heights. I also can't get Vickers sights with adjustable rears.
My three Glocks that are RMR-less all have Dawsons.

SCSU74

Having used both the proctor's and DP, I greatly prefer the DP. I couldn't line up the Y-notch nearly as well. I used DP across all my pistols until switching to RDS. DP CS is excellent whether by phone or email. I really like that they will make whatever you want. I recently had them make a custom height/width front for use with my delta point.