Dark Star Gear Koala Mag Pouch

David Mayeur

The Dark Star Gear Koala Mag Pouch

Over the past few years, I’ve been experimenting with various IWB magazine carriers. I’ve made my own out of kydex, BFG ten speeds modified to accept a RCS overhook, and various kydex carriers on the market. None of them really got the job done, but if they did they were uncomfortable. I was recommended to try the Koala a while back and finally got one to try out. Tom Kelley at Dark Star Gear got it right. The magazine carrier itself is capable of accepting a variety of magazines, including my oddball CZ P-09 mags.

I’ll let the video speak for itself.

33296683358_13f8bdfe08_z.jpg

33296682908_dc77d24361_z.jpg
47171942661_0175ca8896_z.jpg

33296680628_0b86071469_z.jpg

Nate Osborne

NateMac
Staff member
I agree that the Koala is currently my favorite appendix mag carrier out there. I have tried about a half dozen mag carriers and about 15 minutes into carrying the Koala I could tell it was a superior product. I have a couple of them now, and there are so many small, but very noticeable, features about it that make it my go-to right now.

Helios

You can, but I'd suggest running the pouch height higher on the second one. At rhe lowest height, it would dig into my leg to the point of rubbing it raw after a few days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk