DARC Preparation

Grizzly

1000 5.56 and 1000 9mm.

If you are using a 9mm Simm Upper on your AR then 2K 9mm.

I'm not sure if it is official for all classes but at least for the last one this has changed. It is much heavier toward 5.56. OPFOR is running 5.56 ammo instead of 9mm pistol rounds.

Also, get small rubber bands. I showed up with a pack of thick ones which made it hard to thread into chem lights and slowed down pulling chemlights off to use.

I ordered my Sims from The Gun Shop in New Jersey. They were the cheapest by far. Sim/UTM conversions are available from DARC.

North, I'd say bring your own gas mask. I don't know of anyone that rents them. Although if the price of a mask is the make or break deal PM me. I live near enough I can loan you one for the week. I used an old MCU-2p for the first few nights. Then was loaned a Avon c50 for nights 4 and 5. I woke up early on day 5 to order my own C50. It is much better than other masks I've tried.

Grizzly

Jumbo 6" is ideal. Can't make the slim brighter, but you cand dim the Jumbo's down.

I have to believe this would be the superior choice....

https://happyglow.com/products/candle.jsp

glow-candle-red.jpg

JB3

Amateur
Thanks! Jumbo? Slim? 4"? 6"?
I bought the 4 inch ones and sometimes they were a pain to break because of leverage issues. I ended up palming them across my hand like I was griping a stick and cracked them off my mags in the center of the stick. I would say get the 6 inch so you can just crack them off your leg like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many rifle/pistol mags do you typically go through during the runs? I saw the mag numbers in the OP, but do they want you to have a way to carry that many on each run?

I have a Redi-Mag on the rifle, and a 10-speed 3 mag carrier on my armor for a total of 5 rifle. Also running 2 pistol mags on my duty belt with TTI extended basepads (23 rnds each mag).

Would I be better off bringing a battle belt and/or chest rig to add a few more of each? I think I have an old Eagle Paul Howe rig around here somewhere...

Travis L

Will I need a Dept letterhead or anything to sign up for LECTC? My Dept is good with me going, but I know they won't fund it right now. I'm looking at putting myself through as I've done with several courses in the past. With this being much more in depth than a typical "tactical carbine/pistol" course I figured I would check.

Also, I don't plan on raping my helmet as JB3 suggested :D

kutabare2

Seasoned Vets,

I'm planning on attending LECTC in April. Last I talked to Rich he said the ammo preferred is "Speer non-marking." Is this still the ammo of choice or is something else preferred?

This will be the first time I'm getting into the NODS game, what lasers are you folks running on the rifle? I'm thinking DBAL i2 with ir illuminator but very open to what works for you guys.

Also, in earlier podcasts Matt said they were going to make one on DARC prep. Anyone have a link?

Appreciate all the Intel in advance, be safe out there!

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
MAWL is outperforming all competition.
The MAWL-C1+ is outperforming other restricted competition.

Anyone have a good source for gas mask? Mask, ammo, tuition are my discrepancies right now. I've used the FM53 before and liked it, LBM is looking real nice as well. Anyone got a price and source for the LBM?

Grizzly

Seasoned Vets,

I'm planning on attending LECTC in April. Last I talked to Rich he said the ammo preferred is "Speer non-marking." Is this still the ammo of choice or is something else preferred?

This will be the first time I'm getting into the NODS game, what lasers are you folks running on the rifle? I'm thinking DBAL i2 with ir illuminator but very open to what works for you guys.

Also, in earlier podcasts Matt said they were going to make one on DARC prep. Anyone have a link?

Appreciate all the Intel in advance, be safe out there!

The non-marking sims seem to function the best of any ammo I've run out there(not much experience with UTM so it might be better). Instead of paint in the filling it is like purple silicone caulking that is already solid. And the plastic holding it is harder than the plastic in the marking rounds. So it is less likely to ooze goo or get mashed up in the chamber/bore. And if the tip does get busted open it is much easier clean mid run than the goo. Just knock the purple dingleberries out and rock on.