CZ Shadow 2 Magwell

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
What mags are compatible with what magwell?

My Shadow 2 needs a magwell but if it severely limits mag options, maybe not.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
After searching quite a while this is the closest I’ve found to a S2 magwell that works with the stock basepads, with some minor fitting:

Factory Shadow 2 plastic magazine pads can be used with some minor modifications (please see the last image in the above gallery).

It should be compatible with any other mag extensions from numerous manufacturers. With any magwell you’ll also need to swap out the grips for the short ones intended for use with magwells, which again should be compatible from any manufacturer. CZ magwells tend to be pretty homogeneous between manufacturers for a given platform

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
After searching quite a while this is the closest I’ve found to a S2 magwell that works with the stock basepads, with some minor fitting:

It should be compatible with any other mag extensions from numerous manufacturers. With any magwell you’ll also need to swap out the grips for the short ones intended for use with magwells, which again should be compatible from any manufacturer. CZ magwells tend to be pretty homogeneous between manufacturers for a given platform
If you watched the last modcast live until the end, you might know what is next.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
If you watched the last modcast live until the end, you might know what is next.
Haven’t had a chance to listen to the most recent one yet but if there’s something else you’re looking for give me the word and I’ll hunt it down. Researching this stuff and finding the various parts to a puzzle is my zen time

Matt Landfair

Matt Six Actual
Staff member
Administrator
Haven’t had a chance to listen to the most recent one yet but if there’s something else you’re looking for give me the word and I’ll hunt it down. Researching this stuff and finding the various parts to a puzzle is my zen time

Thanks! I made some purchases last night. All that's left are new irons.

rudukai13

Pro Internet User
I’m figuring this is for your S2 OR, which is where things are going to get a bit tricky. Assuming you’re wanting to put an optic on it, the best adapter plate (RMR/Holosun footprint) is currently made by CHPWS and sold through Cajun Gunworks:

Links to:

That plate includes a rear dovetail for Glock rear sights, so you’ll have to mix and match a Glock rear sight with a CZ front sight post. Exact heights of each will depend on your pistol and preference for target hold with irons. At this point we’re rubbing against the edge of my lane of experience, so I would recommend talking with Buck or contacting Cajun for guidance to exactly the parts you’d want from there.

Hopefully that’s all been helpful, looking forward to seeing the pistol when it’s all finished being built!