CZ P07 w/RDS Modify Safariland ALS Holster?

Rilimva

Amateur
So I have been using the 6354DO for my G17 for several years, and I am very pleased with it.

I have ordered a CZ P07, the urban grey suppressor ready variant, and I have a Deltapoint Pro that I will have the slide milled for.

I have already got a nice AIWB holster for the P07, however I wanted an ALS holster too, as I could mimic what I already do training wise with my glocks.

So far there isn't an ALS option with RDS and WML from safariland to fit the P07, so I was thinking of buying another 6354DO and modifying it with a heatgun to fit the P07. (There are several ALS that are made to fit the P07, but they won't accommodate the RDS or the suppressor height sights, and the spring mechanism of the 6354DO is smoother)

Anyone here tried this, or think it will work, aka can I get the ALS mechanism to still retain my pistol?

Grayman

Established
I have looked into this fairly extensively... Unfortunately I have yet to find a solution. I am currently using a P07 in an SLS based duty holster but I cannot find an ALS based holster that will work. I have looked a fair bit at the Glock 17 ALS holster I have but I do not believe it will work with the P07.

Rilimva

Amateur
I have looked into this fairly extensively... Unfortunately I have yet to find a solution. I am currently using a P07 in an SLS based duty holster but I cannot find an ALS based holster that will work. I have looked a fair bit at the Glock 17 ALS holster I have but I do not believe it will work with the P07.

Supposedly the ALS for the G37 fits, so I thought maybe the geometry of the als good of a G17 could be made to fit...

Grayman

Established
Mine is currently in a G37 SLS holster... It's possible that the ALS version would work. I will reach out to safariland and see if they can get me a G37 ALS holster to try

Mine is currently in a G37 SLS holster... It's possible that the ALS version would work. I will reach out to safariland and see if they can get me a G37 ALS holster to try
Did you just buy a 6280 and modify? Does the hood close/open well with hammer down?

user12358

Just as an FYI, I would recommend using the new RDS suffix holsters over the old 6354DO. The newer holsters are much friendlier to different optic and BUIS setups as well as having the same side mounted spring providing the smoother ALS mechanism.

The whole key to modifying 63XX ALS series holsters to work with is to make sure that the lockup geometry is fairly close on your desired pistol. Molding the body to the gun is very easy and gives you a considerable amount of latitude.

Good timing that this thread was just resurrected. I'm looking to adapt one of the newer RDS holsters to a SP-01 Phantom with a Leupold DPP and TLR 1HL. Either that, or just get a custom holster made.

Good timing that this thread was just resurrected. I'm looking to adapt one of the newer RDS holsters to a SP-01 Phantom with a Leupold DPP and TLR 1HL. Either that, or just get a custom holster made.
The issue with the regular 75 style slide is, I think, that there's not enough material for an ALS to latch onto.

6 months later and I'm still looking for a L2 retention holster for a CZ Phantom+DPP+WML, ideally with the hood covering of the 6360RDS series. I've contacted 20+ custom kydex shops and no one can do it, or is willing to tackle the project.

Grayman

Established
Did you try LAG tactical? They did an SLS rotating hood setup on a custom build for one of my P07’s. Very good dudes and their custom work is top notch

Yo_Adrian_G

Amateur
6 months later and I'm still looking for a L2 retention holster for a CZ Phantom+DPP+WML, ideally with the hood covering of the 6360RDS series. I've contacted 20+ custom kydex shops and no one can do it, or is willing to tackle the project.
Try the Blackhawk Omnivour. It’s working for me.

Attachments

• 705B824C-26D1-4540-8470-6164A74043E1.jpeg
    705B824C-26D1-4540-8470-6164A74043E1.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 34
Have you checked with Squared Away Customs? They have two models with SLS hoods, and list Phantoms as an option. I like my Niner for my P-07 but it doesn’t have a light or RMR yet so I haven’t asked them if it will work yet for another holster later.

Earl An

Amateur
Any chance of seeing if the P07 will fit an SLS/ALS holster for the p320? The p320 has the taller profile of a hammer fired gun, both slides are 1.06" wide, and the takedown levers are in similar spots. Might be easier to shape to fit a P07 than a Glock holster.