CZ P-09 and Safariland 6378-832-411 Mod

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
I have been playing with the CZ P-07 and P-09 for under two years now. It has been more of a hobby gun as work issues G17's or M&P9's. So I spend most of my time teaching with those platforms.
One of the difficulties for me has been procuring an ALS holster that works with the CZ P series handguns. I was checking the will-it chart the other day and noticed that the 6378-832 for G-37 was listed as a holster for the CZ P-07 w/x300.
I ordered it and finished tweaking it this week. Took it to the range and it is a sweet holster with minimal
time to mod
6378-832-411_G37_P09_DSC_5184.JPG

You need a heat gun, USGI stripper clip, and about the time it takes to finish a pint of your favorite libation. A little blues music in the background is always a plus.
tools needed for CZ safariland mod DSC_5197.JPG
I use the USGI stripper clip to mold the DG or SL switch channel. I have used popsicle sticks in the past, but that are not as sturdy. The stripper slip is the perfect size and I get more leverage to mold the channel.
USGI stripper clip CZ mod safariland DSC_5195.JPG
You will need to remove the barrel plug from the holster if you want the full size P-09 to fit. The P-07 fits fine with the barrel plug inserted.
CZ-P mod plug removed safariland DSC_5193.JPG
The Surefire SL-11 or DG-11 for Glocks fit a CZ P-07 or P-09 series handgun very well.
SL-11 surefire cz-p safariland mod DSC_5191.JPG safariland 6378 mod cz p09 surefire sl-11 DSC_5187.JPG
The Blade-Tech Double Mag Pouch for the M&P 9/40 magazines works great for CZ P-07 and P-09 magazines as well.
CZP_MP9_bladetech_mag_pouch_DSC_5206.JPG

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
Grayman, no need to worry. i spoke with the CZ rep when i was at NPRC a few weeks ago. He mentioned the same thing and that basically it was in SL's ballcourt. Something about a need to guarantee a certain astronomical number of P-09's in service around the world to justify it. I have also been hearing that rumor since i procured the CZ back in early 2014.
In the mean time this works well so i can get rocking.

Has anyone found a solution like this for the SP01 pistol? Would love to have an ALS holster for a CZSP01 tactical + x300u.

sreidy

Amateur
Question, if you don't use a DG switch does the holster work without the need of a heat gun?

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
Question, if you don't use a DG switch does the holster work without the need of a heat gun?
You will need to a minimal amount of heat gun shaping still. You are basically heating the holster to allow the pistol to slide into the ALS notch that secures the front notch on your slide where the barrel hood goes into locking.

The heat molding of the channel for the DG switch took most of the time too do.

Lane C

Rico and the Man
Staff member
Nice. I just purchased a CZ P-09. Where did you apply the heat gun in order to make it fit?
I applied the heat to the area of the holster where the light rest against the kydex. Go slow and take your time to shape the holster.

Yo_Adrian_G

Amateur
Were you able to get the ALS function to work with the P09?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Yes but if I don't force it to the bottom it won't lock. The disadvantage is that you have to rip it out. With my P07 it works flawlessly as intended. I'm gonna try and see if I can find where it's getting held up it may just be that the P09 is longer than the G17 causing friction at the front.

sreidy

Amateur
Thank you sir. I actually bought a 6354DO from a friend and modded it and it's working great with my RMR'd P07. My P09 is REALLY snug once holstered and I have to rip it out but I'm hoping the holster will eventually wear in.
Can you explain what you had to do to make the 6354DO work with the P07/P09 pistols?

Yo_Adrian_G

Amateur
Can you explain what you had to do to make the 6354DO work with the P07/P09 pistols?
There is a thread that talks about modding the 6354 for irons behind the RMR. I followed that one first then I followed this threads instructions in conjunction with the previous one and with some patients and a heat gun I got it to fit.
I also had to cut off the little dong that sticks into the muzzle because it was preventing the P09 from seating all the way.

s0nspark

Thank you sir. I actually bought a 6354DO from a friend and modded it and it's working great with my RMR'd P07. My P09 is REALLY snug once holstered and I have to rip it out but I'm hoping the holster will eventually wear in.

Do you know what gun the 6354DO you have was originally made for? I would love to get one working with my CZ UG P-07...

I know this is a old thread but, it helped so much. I bought A CGW CZ-P09 ( My favorite pistol) never knowing how hard it would be to find a duty type retention holster. Truth be told I bought a custom holster from in Nickydex.com for the gun with x300 but 16wk wait time is a tuff pill to swallow. I want to start training now. So I purchased the 6378 mentioned above and with less than 15mins of heat gun and tinkering it fits like a glove. Easy draw locks safely no ripping it out or jamming it in the holster. Only cost 60 bucks with shipping and I plan on turning into my chest rig even after my other holster arrives. Thanks so much for posting.